Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In game cuts

In game cuts

I'm watchin the preseason finale, and I'm wondering about cut decisions that are being made, mid-game. So far, Travis Fisher has played himself off the team.

Re: In game cuts

For the love of everything holy CUT TROY SMITH!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Travis Fisher wasn't making this team even if he had a pick 6. He was purely a guy to allow someone else not to get injured.

Troy definitley isn't solidfying his 3rd QB spot.

Prince Miller got himself cut.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Joe Reitz is playing at left guard, if my eyes are working right. He's getting beat up. I'm thinking he's cut. Steele is looking like a PS guy.

Blog Entries

Post game, here's what I say...

QB - Sorry, Troy Smith just doesn't look valuable enough to stay on the team

RB - Steele to PS. Parmele makes it for return skills

WR - David Reed and Demetrius Williams. David Reed deserves to make it for the way he returned kicks tonight, plus he's starting to put it together at WR. Williams is a safety policy at WR for Stallworth

DL - Ngata, Cody, Gregg, Redding, Pryce, McKinney, Talavou, Kruger. Done.

LB - Welcome to the team Jason Phillips. I think Edgar Jones should make it over Prescott Burgess, he's starting to get some pass rush presence. So Ray, McClain, JJ, Suggs, Ellerbe, Gooden, Barnes, E.Jones, and Phillips

CB - Bye bye Travis Fisher. Hope to never see you again. Prince Miller, see you on the PS. If Reed goes Week 1, Hamlin is a goner.

K - Too close to call. Damn it, I get the feeling Graham wins it by default, Cundiff deserves the job.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I 100% agree..... I can't believe anyone wanted this guy to be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by PSMD410 View Post
    I 100% agree..... I can't believe anyone wanted this guy to be the starter.
    You would be surprise at the amount of supports Troy has and the crazy things they've said over the years.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Post game, here's what I say...

QB - Sorry, Troy Smith just doesn't look valuable enough to stay on the team

RB - Steele to PS. Parmele makes it for return skills

WR - David Reed and Demetrius Williams. David Reed deserves to make it for the way he returned kicks tonight, plus he's starting to put it together at WR. Williams is a safety policy at WR for Stallworth

DL - Ngata, Cody, Gregg, Redding, Pryce, McKinney, Talavou, Kruger. Done.

LB - Welcome to the team Jason Phillips. I think Edgar Jones should make it over Prescott Burgess, he's starting to get some pass rush presence. So Ray, McClain, JJ, Suggs, Ellerbe, Gooden, Barnes, E.Jones, and Phillips

CB - Bye bye Travis Fisher. Hope to never see you again. Prince Miller, see you on the PS. If Reed goes Week 1, Hamlin is a goner.

K - Too close to call. Damn it, I get the feeling Graham wins it by default, Cundiff deserves the job.

I have a feeling they will choose Graham because he comes from AFC North but I honestly think Cundiff should get it. I think they will regret choosing Graham over Cundiff when he starts missing kicks which he has already done. Cundiff just has more power. There was a reason the Bungles let Graham go. That's because when they needed him and it mattered most he choked. I really hope Cundiff gets the

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Yeah, as evidenced by last season, Cam isn't really interested in the trick play/wildcat -- and as far as being an insurance policy, he's worthless.

With Troy Smith starting you're hanging in the NFL's sub-basement w/ The Browns/Bucs/Lions. 4-12 record at best.

Just cut the guy loose.

Somebody should give Ozzie Jeff Garcia's number. He's playing for the UFL and would be a much better #3 QB than Smith.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/ufl/...ory?id=5519159
    "You don't adjust. You just dominate."
    -Al Davis

"I'm a machine, jerk!"
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DVGN View Post
    Yeah, as evidenced by last season, Cam isn't really interested in the trick play/wildcat -- and as far as being an insurance policy, he's worthless.

With Troy Smith starting you're hanging in the NFL's sub-basement w/ The Browns/Bucs/Lions. 4-12 record at best.

Just cut the guy loose.

Somebody should give Ozzie Jeff Garcia's number. He's playing for the UFL and would be a much better #3 QB than Smith.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/ufl/...ory?id=5519159
    I'm perfectly fine with the Ravens carrying just Flacco and Bulger into the season. However, Garcia would be a nice number 3.

Troy Smith is the worst QB in ravens history, and that is really saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Travis Fisher wasn't making this team even if he had a pick 6. He was purely a guy to allow someone else not to get injured.

Prince Miller got himself cut.
    Unless Webb is close to 100% by next week, I think one of those guys has to make the team.

If Webb isn't ready - and with Williams suspended for the 1st two weeks - I'm not sure they can go into the season with just Washington, Carr and Wilson as the only healthy CBs. In fact, they often have 5 CBs active on game day, so 3 would be quite thin. Because of that I think that Fisher or Miller stays, at least until Webb gets better and/or Williams comes back for week 3.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap