Thread: Ot -why 75?

Ot -why 75?

Does anyone know what the rationale is for having a mini-cutdown this week before the big one next week?

Re: Ot -why 75?

so hte 4th preseason game can be played wiht all scrubs.

Doug Dutch got the ax -- who else goes within the next day or two since they have to get down to 75? Place your bets, folks...

I'm wondering about Justin Harper, for one. Or, given the injury to Stallworth, maybe they want Harper around a few more days as WR fodder in the last preseason game?

I like Ken Hamlin as a dark horse to get cut. He hasn't showed much, and with the good play by Nakamura and Zbikowski I can't see him having much of a role and would rather see young guys get his reps. The only reason I could see him sticking around is as Ed Reed insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I like Ken Hamlin as a dark horse to get cut. He hasn't showed much, and with the good play by Nakamura and Zbikowski I can't see him having much of a role and would rather see young guys get his reps. The only reason I could see him sticking around is as Ed Reed insurance.
    It's true that Hamlin hasn't shown a whole lot, but I'd be really shocked if he were cut this week. He's still decent vet insurance at the position and I like him for depth at this point. We'll carry four safeties minimum. If anyone at that position gets cut right now, I'm thinking Brad Jones is more likely to get the ax.

Blog Entries

Yeah I don't see Hamlin going in the first round of cuts, Brad Jones will be gone and with the depth at LB, McCellan.

Blog Entries

McLaughglin?
    I haven't really neard anything or even noticed him much, just one "get-in-the-way" block and not s 'move them where they don't want to move' block.
    When I noticed that with Cook last year, I wrote him off, and ready to do the same now.
    Unless someone has info to add, I'm figuring hime gone early.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    The way Nakamura covered the slot the last game in some places, his value may count more onto the CB #'s right now as a hybrid type playeer. That may leave Hamlin a shot to make it. We have been covering this secondary late in preseason games with safety play since there is an abundance there. That and he is a former probowler and maybe the only player besides Carey Williams to snatch a pick.