Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Mosque to be moved?

The developers are considering it and the guv is gonna meet with them.

The people have spoken.

Thanks O.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/...ue-compromise/

Blog Entries

Re: Mosque to be moved?

Doubtful, but you never know.

LIsten to this Libs....

After Effo's post the other day I started looking a bit closer. This issue is a big one, in large part to "ignorance"

This isn't about a Mosque on Ground zero.... It's neither a mosque, nor at Ground Zero.
    Sorry Effo, but the site is currently a Burlington Coat Factory, not an islamic community center as you suggested, other then that, you were certainly more right then wrong.

KNowing the truth, in this instance, has lead me to not be so concerned about it . I'd have HUGE problem with a MOSQUE at GROUND ZERO. But a YMMA(Young Men's Muslim Association) with a prayer room a couple of blocks away is a different story. I know on message boards we liek to use Hyperbole and exaggerration to make our point(if anyone denies this they are a liar) but the news needs to be more responsible then this. This is simply an "opposite" example of what many Connies complain about the blatantly biased MSM.

If you want me to make an intelligent decision, don't cloud my viewpoint with non-truths. This may normally be a Lib tactic, but as we see here Connies are to blame as well...

Another reason we need to blow it up again and start over. Both sides are too corrupt, and comfortable in that position. Dissolving the federal Gubmint adn retreating to seperate states looks more and more appealing aevery day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    another reason we need to blow it up again and start over. Both sides are too corrupt, and comfortable in that position. dissolving the federal gubmint adn retreating to seperate states looks more and more appealing aevery day.
    word the f&%$ up!

Blog Entries

JON - Muslims own the old Burlington Coat building. Now take a look

at how it will look. You will be able to see it passing thru NY on 95
    just like the WTC just 2 blocks from where it will go down.

This is like us building a monument at the Hiroshima site.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ves_ahead.html

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    JON - Muslims own the old Burlington Coat building. Now take a look

at how it will look. You will be able to see it passing thru NY on 95
    just like the WTC just 2 blocks from where it will go down.

This is like us building a monument at the Hiroshima site.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ves_ahead.html
    I'm also now finding out that the name of the building is related to a major Islamic conquest of a Spanish Town where they built a mosque as a way to spread Islam to those they overtook. Kind of fits in to your monument trend.. and I tilt back in that direction.

Man, why is it so hard to find unbiased information on something like this?

I'm also now finding out that the name of the building is related to a major Islamic conquest of a Spanish Town where they built a mosque as a way to spread Islam to those they overtook. Kind of fits in to your monument trend.. and I tilt back in that direction.

Its really not too hard to think your way through this if you do it rationally. Begin with the idea that Al Qaeda is a terrorist group that has issues with American occupation and influence in the Middle East and the world as a whole. Al Qaeda was able to bring down the towers which has changed the way Americans live their lives. A huge victory for them as they have been able to affect the way we see freedom.

We accept warrantless wire taps, we accept torture, we accept a war w/o an agreed upon purpose and we, 60%, accept or at least support the minimizing of religious freedoms for a group of Americans. Muslims are not responsible 9-11...Al Qaeda is.

Now I have spoken out that Muslims should have done more to speak out against those attacks and separated themselves from the extremist parts of their religion but we have extremist christians that will kill other human beings for what they see as religious entitlements.

Our country was founded on the freedom of religion. 60% of our country believes now that it is ok to limit a religion from practicing their beliefs in a place where they are permitted. Talk about a change in what is American? This is coming on tail of maybe 60% or so of the country thinking it is okay to force people to carry papers of citizenship.

I could get into politics of why I believe the conservative media has made such a issue out of this but I think just discussing the limiting of religious freedoms should concern enough people into beginning to question WTF is going on here?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Our country was founded on the freedom of religion. 60% of our country believes now that it is ok to limit a religion from practicing their beliefs in a place where they are permitted. Talk about a change in what is American? This is coming on tail of maybe 60% or so of the country thinking it is okay to force people to carry papers of citizenship.

I could get into politics of why I believe the conservative media has made such a issue out of this but I think just discussing the limiting of religious freedoms should concern enough people into beginning to question WTF is going on here?
    Actually I don't think the issues is the people who oppose this going where it is supposed to go is being of the religion of people putting it there.

I have a question about this conservative media you speak of. Who are they?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Actually I don't think the issues is the people who oppose this going where it is supposed to go is being of the religion of people putting it there.

That's precisely where I am going with this. I sort of have a problem with "blocking" this, on the surface, but the more I think of it as one big trophy to celebrate their conquest the less I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This sentence sucks but I guess you are saying it's not the islam that is the problem but the placement of a place of worship. In that argument, the same uproar would be created over a christian community senter being placed several blocks from ground zero.

I hope you really don't believe this.

Are you really suggesting this uproar is being created by MSNBC? How about Rush, Palin, Faux to begin with?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    This sentence sucks but I guess you are saying it's not the islam that is the problem but the placement of a place of worship. In that argument, the same uproar would be created over a christian community senter being placed several blocks from ground zero.

I hope you really don't believe this.

Are you really suggesting this uproar is being created by MSNBC? How about Rush, Palin, Faux to begin with?
    No you R word. IT"S NOT ABOUT RELIGION.
    I am saying it is the views of the person behind putting the building there. The name of it, the meaning behind the name, and the fact the won't discuss putting it else where, like a big F you to the people who say.... You your radical views,comments and the fact that you want a sharia law teaching center there and that you say America was a accessory to 9/11, We think you want to put it there as a triumph of Islam over the infidels. He says I don't care about that and am going to continue to build it there.

Being Christian has nothing to do with it, neither does being Muslim, it's he views of this dude.

You are so pathetic. Where did I say MSNBC created the uproar? And Palin and Rush are not Conservative media. Rush is a opinion/entertainer/commentator. Palin gets press but is not press.

So again, when you speak of conservative media. Who do you speak of?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the prop, man.

I bet you found that info on an obscure web site.

That's how Dan Rather was brought down.

The liberal owned media isn't going to give you that kind of info.