Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Preston and JO Question Trade/Direction Of Team

Quote Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
    Jo's comments were harmless.

And Preston is an idiot. He must be the only writer who thinks Magahee wasnt an upgrade.

Glad to hear we signed him to a 7yr deal. I cant wait to see him run.
    Yup.

But people on boards will eat it up and raise hell about it.

PP

I thought we discussed not ever discussing that idiot Preston on this forum?

If Jon isn't happy, then he needs to retire. The instant football starts to feel like a job, then you're going to start being really, really bad.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Man law!

I'd love Jon to come back but it's totally understandable if he chooses to retire.

But if I'm brutally honest, what the FO needs to do doesn't depend on Jon coming back or not. Whether he comes back or not we need a starting RT and whether he comes back or not we have either an elite or good starting LT. Unlike Kansas City last year with Willie Roaf, we aren't going to get left short at LT if he ponders for a long time.

The reason we got McGaghee was to win now. Does anyone think Jamal Lewis is going to get better? Jon Ogden should be happy as heck we got him!

We need our "O" line to get younger. That's why Edwin was released, in part. As far as the draft picks, we are getting draft picks from losing Maake, Chester Taylor from last year. We will get comp. draft picks next year from losing AD, Ovie, and Pashos. What's the big deal here? Seventh round picks more often than not don't amount to anything anyway.

I trust the front office on this one and I am glad Jamal Lewis signed with Cleveland. They just wasted 3.5M of their cap.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
    Jo's comments were harmless.

And Preston is an idiot. He must be the only writer who thinks Magahee wasnt an upgrade.

Glad to hear we signed him to a 7yr deal. I cant wait to see him run.

Having a player question the direction of the team behind closed doors IS harmless. Having that player do it in the media and giving the media fuel to turn this into a distraction, is harmful.

Steve Bisciott or Billick needs to put a muzzle on these players just openly bitching through the media. It is cowardly, but JO is just trying to stir things up and needs the validation of the media to get his point across. We have JO, Mason, Wilcox and Reed all crying in the media. We got rid of crybaby Jamal. They are displaying a lack of wisdon, and are poor examples for the young players. Wisdom teaches, in part, that you know what to say, when to say it and how to say it. Keep it in house.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Having a player question the direction of the team behind closed doors IS harmless. Having that player do it in the media and giving the media fuel to turn this into a distraction, is harmful.

Steve Bisciott or Billick needs to put a muzzle on these players just openly bitching through the media. It is cowardly, but JO is just trying to stir things up and needs the validation of the media to get his point across. We have JO, Mason, Wilcox and Reed all crying in the media. We got rid of crybaby Jamal. They are displaying a lack of wisdon, and are poor examples for the young players. Wisdom teaches, in part, that you know what to say, when to say it and how to say it. Keep it in house.
    Supposedly Wilcox was misquoted/taken badly out of context, and wants to come forward to clarify. He, according to Drew F., contacted NST and arranged to be on the afternoon (I think) show today. Hopefully someone who listens will write a detailed summary of the interview, I probably won't get a chance.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Sorry, my bad [self flagellation]. In my defense, the Noob asked.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    But if I'm brutally honest, what the FO needs to do doesn't depend on Jon coming back or not. Whether he comes back or not we need a starting RT and whether he comes back or not we have either an elite or good starting LT. Unlike Kansas City last year with Willie Roaf, we aren't going to get left short at LT if he ponders for a long time.
    The only thing that scares me abotu this is that it is correct. Meaning, I think that the FO almsot feels it has to get a day 1 starting quality RT. I hope what that means is they have someone scouted and rankede much better then me, because otherwise I think we might be reaching for Ugoh in round 1 for fear of beign empty handed. Regardless, if JO is back, I expect Terry to be the day 1 starter. If JO retires, or gets injured, Terry is LT, and a good one, that's understood, but the right side needs immediate attention either way. Because of this, and the fact that I see 29 and 61 to be likely talent vacuums(At least for day 1 RT material) for OT's. I see us reaching fo rthe first time in a while, though it could be argued Pittman was a reach due to an emfatuation...

We really have ZERO NEEDS behind OT, but there are plenty of places we could increase depth. Ozzie and DeCo are top notch talent evaluators, so hopefully I'm worried for nothing.

At OT I really don't see the immediate impact at RT in the draft unless we can somehow get Levi Brown, who looks like only an RT to me and if NFL Scouts share that opinion he'll fall, if not he'll stay around 10-20 range and even if he's only an RT he won't get past KC I fear.

I don't like the idea of reaching for a Joe Staley or a Tony Ugoh at 29. If we take an OL there I'd want it to be Arron Sears of Tennessee who I think has the versatility to play guard and RT so could be a potential starter from day one.

That said I think we go BPA again and that could be a WR. Mason we know isn't happy and in the 2nd half of the year seemed to lose a step in being able to get open. A guy like Sidney Rice or Robert Meachem could be BPA at 29 and would ensure us a good 3 WR set for years to come. And with that talent at WR would Billick consider a return to a more wide open offense?

I'm probably not in favour of that and with my increasing uncertainty of whether anything but WR is value at 29 I'm of the opinion that our best option is probably to drop back from 29 to the top(ish) of the 2nd and pick up an extra pick on day one, as I think day one has pretty decent depth this year.

I would love some combination of Blalock, Sears, or Buster Davis. I need to read up on Ugoh, he sounds like he would be good value if he falls to us in the second round.

Everyone says this is a deep WR year, but to be honest I'm not that enamored with any of them. Plus WR is one of the deeper positions we have on the team.

I think the deepest position is d-line in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we took a true DE early on the 2nd day. We are thin there after our starters.

On topic: Preston is Preston and JO is upset some of his friends are no longer on the team. Hopefully he gets over it and plays next year (I think he will).

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    I would love some combination of Blalock, Sears, or Buster Davis. I need to read up on Ugoh, he sounds like he would be good value if he falls to us in the second round.

Everyone says this is a deep WR year, but to be honest I'm not that enamored with any of them. Plus WR is one of the deeper positions we have on the team.

I think the deepest position is d-line in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we took a true DE early on the 2nd day. We are thin there after our starters.

On topic: Preston is Preston and JO is upset some of his friends are no longer on the team. Hopefully he gets over it and plays next year (I think he will).
    Give me Baraka Atkins in round 2. I think he's got an immense amount of talent and is the ideal backup to Trevor Pryce that we don't have at the mo.