Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Player of the Game: Ravens v. Panthers

Please vote up on our HOME PAGE

Comments welcome...

Re: Player of the Game: Ravens v. Panthers

Someone needs to bring Sandra Bullock to practice in one of those skin tight white skirts to give Oher the speech about Flacco is your daddy and Rice is your little brother, because he got abused. Maybe massage some money into Gaither's sore shoulders while she is at it, because we need the big man back at LT, bottom line. Tyler Braton looked like Reggie White.

Cody was beast, he head slapped a RB to the ground Deacon Jones style.
    Williams and all the DBs covered great.
    Bulger did not look like a guy who was a lock to take Troy Smith's job to me or the commentators. That comment was more an indictment of Bulger and his lack of heart than it was an evaluation of what Smith was doing.

:T2:

It's not like Smith looked like an NFL player.
    Jordan Gross looked possibly worse then Oher, so hopefully it's rust. Gaither needs to come backto the blindside though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Someone needs to bring Sandra Bullock to practice in one of those skin tight white skirts to give Oher the speech about Flacco is your daddy and Rice is your little brother, because he got abused. Maybe massage some money into Gaither's sore shoulders while she is at it, because we need the big man back at LT, bottom line. Tyler Braton looked like Reggie White.

Cody was beast, he head slapped a RB to the ground Deacon Jones style.
    Williams and all the DBs covered great.
    Bulger did not look like a guy who was a lock to take Troy Smith's job to me or the commentators. That comment was more an indictment of Bulger and his lack of heart than it was an evaluation of what Smith was doing.
    Yes Yes and Yes.
    Oher was Brayton's red headed step child and according to the looks on his face after the 1's were pulled he new it.

Cody looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It's not like Smith looked like an NFL player.
    Jordan Gross looked possibly worse then Oher, so hopefully it's rust. Gaither needs to come backto the blindside though.
    How'd I know that you'd respond to Bulger criticism by mentioning Smith?

The bottom line is, regardless of your opinions on Troy Smith, Bulger didn't look good. In fact he looked exactly as bad as he has in StL the past 3 (THREE!!!) seasons. No arm, no spiral, no touch, no feel, just beat up and awful.

None of that has anything to do with Troy Smith.

My opinion of course, but if Flacco goes down so does the season. And while I don't think either is a tremendous backup, I do believe we'd have a better shot with Smith at the helm than Bulger in any given game.

Blog Entries

The comment was that Bulger wasn't a lock to take Troy's job at all, so Troy's name had already been brough into it.

If Bulger looked bad, Troy looked awful. Bulger lost one fumble, completed 5/12 for 67 yards. Troy completed 2/6 for 18 yards, also fumbled but recovered it.

Now, part of that was Troy playing in a sick rainfall, and maybe you can argue that he was playing with scrubs...

The point is BOTH 2nd and 3rd string offenses looked pretty lackluster last night. No, it's not a LOCK that Bulger is the #2, but I also wouldn't say Troy really gained any ground on Bulger last night. They both looked like backup QBs in the NFL. Jaworski's claim that Bulger lacks the passion to play football is just head scratching to me. I haven't seen this at all.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The comment was that Bulger wasn't a lock to take Troy's job at all, so Troy's name had already been brough into it.

If Bulger looked bad, Troy looked awful. Bulger lost one fumble, completed 5/12 for 67 yards. Troy completed 2/6 for 18 yards, also fumbled but recovered it.

Now, part of that was Troy playing in a sick rainfall, and maybe you can argue that he was playing with scrubs...

The point is BOTH 2nd and 3rd string offenses looked pretty lackluster last night. No, it's not a LOCK that Bulger is the #2, but I also wouldn't say Troy really gained any ground on Bulger last night. They both looked like backup QBs in the NFL. Jaworski's claim that Bulger lacks the passion to play football is just head scratching to me. I haven't seen this at all.
    Thank You.
    No, Bulger didn't inspire the great confidence that was expected when he was signed to such a large contract, but Troy again showed why Bulger was given that big contract.
    The Bottom Line, is that this is an offense that is BUILT around the screen pass, and Troy can't throw them. So think all you want, but Bulger is a much better screen passer then Troy, so our offense would function better.

9. Re: Player of the Game: Ravens v. Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I was going to name it "The Good, The Bad, and The Oher".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Thank You.
    No, Bulger didn't inspire the great confidence that was expected when he was signed to such a large contract, but Troy again showed why Bulger was given that big contract.
    The Bottom Line, is that this is an offense that is BUILT around the screen pass, and Troy can't throw them. So think all you want, but Bulger is a much better screen passer then Troy, so our offense would function better.
    To defend Troy a bit...6 pass attempts in 1 half is a sign of the rain coming down and trying to just get work in for the running game. Ravens were pass heavy in the 1st half, trying to work out the WRs and TEs.

There's going to be certain things done in pre-season which wouldn't be done in regular season, like 4 screen passes in a row. We're rolling this all out now so we can get good game film to work on this weekend.

I think what we'll see from both in Weeks 2 and 3 of preseason will be better than last night. Bulger in particular, his last pass attempt was Ed Dickson making a rookie mistake on his route, it would've been a 1st down and kept the drive rolling.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The commentators said Grubbs, not Oher, was accountable for the second sack on Flacco. I couldn't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    The commentators said Grubbs, not Oher, was accountable for the second sack on Flacco. I couldn't tell.
    Yeah, TL (and others) have Oher down for 2, but I heard that it was only one. Regardless, it was one too many, BUT still pre-season. I am in the camp that Oher is the better LT, so hopefully he corrects the problem and solidifies the line. We'll see...