Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: State of the Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    They should take a page out of the Pats book and wise up and just trade Porter
    If this report is true, that he was fist-pumping and cheering when Brooks was getting sacked for the seventh time, what team would trade for him? Who would actually give up anything for an asshole like that? If the Raiders cut him, some team will probably pick him up, but only because it won't cost them anything, but he just killed his trade value with this display (assuming it really happened).

As far as the Raiders go, they are a disaster, even worse than I thought they would be. It might be a long time before Al Davis makes another rare appearance in broad daylight.

The Raiders are a sad, sad team right now. Ya gotta feel bad for Art Shell

The Raiders are a sad, sad team right now. Ya gotta feel bad for Art Shell
    Give it until about 7:30PM Sunday before thinking about feeling sorry for him.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

4. Re: State of the Raiders

It seems pretty obvious that Al Davis has way too much control over how things are run over there. It wasnt surprising in the least that a couple coaching candidates, I believe, turned down the head coaching job.

It seems pretty obvious that Al Davis has way too much control over how things are run over there. It wasnt surprising in the least that a couple coaching candidates, I believe, turned down the head coaching job.

I agree.

I think its Al Davis that is preventing Porter from being cut, and its because of the money.

At this point I think the Raiders need to figure a way to move on from Porter, maybe even Moss.

I also think Shell has to decide if he wants to coach beyond this year. If he does, he has to take more control, even if it means getting rid of stars who are malcontent.

You also have to recognize just how bad Gallery and the rest of the Raiders o-line got beaten last week. I dont think that has to do anything with Shell and preparation. i think that Gallery is on his way to being a big time bust, ala Charles Rogers. He hasn't shown anything in his career thus far that suggests he should have comanded a top 5 draft pick.

al davis made the nfl what it is today, he gave minorities oppurtunities in the league before you even had to "interview" them.

he forced the nfl to merge.

Why does everyone make him out to be such a horrible guy.

No one ever talks about this guys positive accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587
    al davis made the nfl what it is today, he gave minorities oppurtunities in the league before you even had to "interview" them.

he forced the nfl to merge.

Why does everyone make him out to be such a horrible guy.

No one ever talks about this guys positive accomplishments.
    Wait, you mean Art Model? Sorry.

people always remember being pissed off more than anything else.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

That Chargers front seven is drop dead nasty.

I love Al Davis calling in those deep pass pattern plays,when the O'line couldn't block longer than 0.5 seconds.
    It didn't take Sapp long to start shaking his head on the sidelines either.
    Week 1 and already a RAHDAH meltdown.The Ravens should feel that Oakland are an opponent from NFL Europe after spitting out the Buc's.

The Ravens got to step on the silver & black early,and keep twisting their foot,till the RAHDAH's are pulp in the 4th Q.Lets hope Porter is cheering more of his teams misfortune on Sunday.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

RavenTD wrote (in part):
    Lets hope Porter is cheering more of his teams misfortune on Sunday.
    I think it would be kinda cool for one of the Ravens to run over to the Raiders' bench after a good play and hug/high five Porter. Of course, you'd have to call Porter before the game and make sure he's cool w/ it.

Dude's seriously disaffected. Exploit him.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday
    RavenTD wrote (in part):

I think it would be kinda cool for one of the Ravens to run over to the Raiders' bench after a good play and hug/high five Porter. Of course, you'd have to call Porter before the game and make sure he's cool w/ it.

Dude's seriously disaffected. Exploit him.

BS
    That would be funny, but it might be tough to pull off without the ref thinking it's taunting/unsportsmanlike conduct.

It is obviously too early to read anything into league rankings after only one game, but I can't help but notice that the Raiders are last in run offense and the Ravens are first in run defense. That's what you call a favorable matchup for us. Oakland can't run. And when you consider that they also can't pass block, if the first game is anything to go on, how do they move the ball on us?

It's been ages since I've felt so confident about a game. Seriously, barring turnovers and special teams screwups (which clearly can't be ruled out), they will have trouble scoring in this game. If we take a ten point lead, I'll think the game is over. I shouldn't think that, but I will.

how do they move the ball on us?
    Trick plays and/or blown coverage. Moss is still very much a threat.
    Last edited by Mobtown; 09-13-2006 at 01:45 PM.