Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cody fails conditioning test, starts on PUP

You have got to be freaking kidding me

Cody was placed on the PUP to start camp, because he failed his conditioning test. No real details yet, Walt Harris also failed his.

This is just getting ridiculous. Now BOTH our 2nd round picks are behind. Not sure what they mean by failed his conditioning test, but everyone is already speculating that means his weight is back up.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Cody fails conditioning test, starts on PUP

Think it might be something to do with running, based on these comments:

duffstar Cody did do some extra running on practice field after morning session was over. #Ravens
    duffstar WHarris: "I wasn't as close (to making conditioning time) as I wanted to be, but we'll see this afternoon and hopefully I'll be out there."
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Sounds like he was greeted with a "Cooper Test" or the like.
    If you don't know, that is a 12 minute run, where athletes are generally expected to run two miles.

Being that it was required before we could TRY OUT for the HS soccer team, I wouldn't have an issue with requiring NFL players to do so before practicing. He probably deserves a 1 lap "handicap" beiong that he is over 300 pounds.

I'm not sure this specific test is what he "failed" but it certainly appears to be of this nature...

4. Re: Cody fails conditioning test, starts on PUP

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Sounds like he was greeted with a "Cooper Test" or the like.
    If you don't know, that is a 12 minute run, where athletes are generally expected to run two miles.

Being that it was required before we could TRY OUT for the HS soccer team, I wouldn't have an issue with requiring NFL players to do so before practicing. He probably deserves a 1 lap "handicap" beiong that he is over 300 pounds.

I'm not sure this specific test is what he "failed" but it certainly appears to be of this nature...
    How many soccer players are 350 pounds, can move other 300+ humans with little effort, and leap tall buildings in a single bound?

I'm fine with Cody not being able to run 2 miles in 12 minutes. I'm not fine if he's been eating his weight in chicken wings.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    I'm fine with Cody not being able to run 2 miles in 12 minutes. I'm not fine if he's been eating his weight in chicken wings.
    +1

6. Re: Cody fails conditioning test, starts on PUP

Here's a quote from Harbaugh:

Coach Harbaugh said he wasn’t surprised that Cody, a second-round draft pick, did not complete the set number of sprints under the time the Ravens allow before taking the practice field.

“Every year, there are some guys who struggle with that,” Harbaugh noted. ”Guys learn that there is a certain level of expectation, in terms of conditioning, that goes with being an NFL player, especially for this team.”

this team is falling apart...they are one injury away from being 6 - 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    this team is falling apart...they are one injury away from being 6 - 10
    :grbac::grbac::grbac::grbac::grbac::grbac::grbac::grbac:

I hope you're being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Here's a quote from Harbaugh:
    My real concern is that this wasn't a pop quiz. He should have known what he needed to do to qualify and planned accordingly. We don't know the whole story, so I will give him some benefit of the doubt, but this isn't a good sign (not a deal breaker either).

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

+1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

+2

Don't we have a few large bodies who fail initially every year?

I think Le'Ron McClain has turned it into an annual tradition - show up 10 lbs. heavy in Aug., go to Pro Bowl in Feb.

I'm not too worried.