Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Here Galen, just for you!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Frances_Berry
    Professor of American Social Thought and History, U. Penn. :

"Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness."

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...berry-blog.jpg

Need anymore be said???
    Everyone's a Little Bit Racist
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Bullshit. It is a two way street Galen. You defend the liberal left ad nauseam, right or wrong. That is just the way politicallly heated discussions go. There is an unwaveiring loyalty on both sides. I am conservative right winger (not of TRAPS level :D) and if you read my post, you can clearly see that it pissed me off. I emphatically stand by the point that she should have never been fired, and that this was a knee-jerk reaction. This was such a non-issue that was blown up and ended up costing this woman her job.

Actually, it is a disservice to Shirley Sherrod to call it a non-issue. She was making a point that racism does go both ways and that she was guilty of passing judgement on a white farmer. She went on to express her remorse and explained that she realised how flawed her thinking was. It is a story that this whole country should take to heart. We can not overcome racism until we all acknowledge our own faults.

Looking at the "fox-edit" of the video, and I call it that for generic purposes, in no way did her comments strike me as racist, even when it cut off before she clarified what her point was. There was no hatred or venom in her voice and she was addressing a mixed crowd. You have to ask yourself "would she be that careless and cavalier with racist comments in a day and age with instant media such as youtube?" I find it hard to believe that the answer would be yes (with the exception of Mr. Mel Gibson of course).

It is a damn shame that she has been painted as a racist, and will now carry that burden thanks to the carelessness of the media and every asshole with a blog. A woman who has made a great career out of helping people of all races will now be looked at as a racist, even though there is clear proof that her comments were taken out of context in the most traditional sense. Should she be given her job back? YES! She should never have been forced to resign over a story she told about an event that took place over twenty years ago.

There is so much blame to go around on both the liberal and conservative side. This whole debacle could have been shot down so fast had ANYONE taken two minutes or less to watch the whole unedited story she told.
    You should read this: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-98846149.html

Blog Entries

Weird double post!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Great article, finally a little bit of investigative journalism.

Blog Entries

Galen can refer her to some of the druggies he counsels just so long as they're black.
    Im sure she'll get them off.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-21-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Galen can refer her to some of the druggies he counsels just so long as they're black.
    Im sure she'll get them off.

Honestly Trap, I don't think this adds much to the conversation. While we may gang up on his political idiology and call his Liberalism out it doesn't make his working with drug addicts a joke. If he helps them recover in any way then he's done a good service in my book.
    Last edited by 4G63; 07-21-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Blog Entries

But he can laugh at drug crazed maniacs beating up citizens at voting
    places and is he helping anyone by spending so much time in here? Real shrinks
    don't have time for this.

And you used a thread title to call him out.

Sorry but I stand by the joke.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-21-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    But he can laugh at drug crazed maniacs beating up citizens at voting
    places.

Sorry but I stand by the joke.
    Assumptions of Trap;

1. Drug Crazed,
    2. Maniacs,
    3. Beat up citizens

I wonder why Trap makes these assumptions?

I guess this now infamous Tea Bagger guy is also drug crazed, manaic that beats up citizens right?

I mean let's look at him. He is carrying a gun and is black...not much different than the other descriptors of the other gentlemen Trap pointed out as drug crazed maniacs that beat up citizens. Right? I mean these other gentlemen were black and one has a night stick so they are drug crazed maniacs that beat up citizens in Trap's world.

I wonder if Trap sees these people as drug crazed maniacs that beat up citizens;

Yeah...I imagine many know where I am going with this as it has been the conversation of the week. But G, they are white. Nicely said, I think Trap has a prejudgement problem. Notice no name calling. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Bullshit. It is a two way street Galen. You defend the liberal left ad nauseam, right or wrong. That is just the way politicallly heated discussions go. There is an unwaveiring loyalty on both sides. I am conservative right winger (not of TRAPS level :D) and if you read my post, you can clearly see that it pissed me off. I emphatically stand by the point that she should have never been fired, and that this was a knee-jerk reaction. This was such a non-issue that was blown up and ended up costing this woman her job.

Actually, it is a disservice to Shirley Sherrod to call it a non-issue. She was making a point that racism does go both ways and that she was guilty of passing judgement on a white farmer. She went on to express her remorse and explained that she realised how flawed her thinking was. It is a story that this whole country should take to heart. We can not overcome racism until we all acknowledge our own faults.

Looking at the "fox-edit" of the video, and I call it that for generic purposes, in no way did her comments strike me as racist, even when it cut off before she clarified what her point was. There was no hatred or venom in her voice and she was addressing a mixed crowd. You have to ask yourself "would she be that careless and cavalier with racist comments in a day and age with instant media such as youtube?" I find it hard to believe that the answer would be yes (with the exception of Mr. Mel Gibson of course).

It is a damn shame that she has been painted as a racist, and will now carry that burden thanks to the carelessness of the media and every asshole with a blog. A woman who has made a great career out of helping people of all races will now be looked at as a racist, even though there is clear proof that her comments were taken out of context in the most traditional sense. Should she be given her job back? YES! She should never have been forced to resign over a story she told about an event that took place over twenty years ago.

There is so much blame to go around on both the liberal and conservative side. This whole debacle could have been shot down so fast had ANYONE taken two minutes or less to watch the whole unedited story she told.
    At least the left or the NAACP, Vilsack and the White House has issued formal apologies. What has the Right done? Shrugged off any responsibility by making THE issue about Obama jumping to conculsions. Really? even on this board conservatives, except yourself, still can't admit they were wrong but instead are still trying to find ways to make it either a racial issue for the left or just a problem with the left.

This debate on this board about racism has gone on for a week now and the two main issues; 1. the NAACP calling on the Tea Party to "Refudiate" (gotta love that Palin-speak) the racist elements of the Tea Party - which the Tea Party showed the integrity to actually do by ousting Williams and 2. the fake conservative claim of racism to counteract the NAACP via the Sherrod edited video have just given credence to my claims.

Anyone denying this loses all credibility in my eyes at this point regarding this issue. A far as the question of racism, the conservatives just took two huge blows and the libs, while enabling and missing a big opportunity to be in the right completely still have no racist stain on their record from these two events.

Since living abroad in several countries for several years where I was the minority and know what that feels like, I always speak out and will continue to speak out against racism. Sorry if you see that as "bull shit". Connies lose big here and the sooner they can admit it and make amends, the sooner they will lose the reputation of being a bunch of backwards racists. Its up to them and this week has only exposed that even more.

Still waiting to see if the conservative mecca of propaganda Fox Noise steps up and makes an honest statement. Even Keith Olberman made a statement against the Left enabling this process with Sherrod. Fox still blaming the whole thing on Obama. Again at some point, don't you just think the right has to approach this whole thing a bit differently?

Blog Entries

Galen - I was talking about Black Panthers who are known as druggies who were taken off by cops in
    in one vid and the union thug in the other.

Nobody in any of your pics is harrassing anybody and you definitely need some lessons in
    internet cut and paste jobs for doctoring pics. That guy would have been arrested and sentenced
    to 10 years for carrying an automatic weapon in public.

Now here are some more fakes of your favorite gal carrying a scoped rifle in a bikini.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charlo..._b_123234.html

I enjoyed the lingerie show. Got any more.

Nice try but here is a run down on the drug crazed rapist who did time (he said raping a white women
    delighted him) original co-founder of the Black Panthers who fled
    the country and guess what? He became born again, came back and ran for office as a GOP.

Eldrige Cleaver.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9805/01/cleaver.late.obit/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...Black+Panthers
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-22-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    At least the left or the NAACP, Vilsack and the White House has issued formal apologies. What has the Right done? Shrugged off any responsibility by making THE issue about Obama jumping to conculsions. Really? even on this board conservatives, except yourself, still can't admit they were wrong but instead are still trying to find ways to make it either a racial issue for the left or just a problem with the left.

Yes the apologized but they were still wrong. The problem in my opinion is equal from Breitbart posting a edited video and BHO and Vilsack over reacting.

This debate on this board about racism has gone on for a week now and the two main issues; 1. the NAACP calling on the Tea Party to "Refudiate" (gotta love that Palin-speak) the racist elements of the Tea Party - which the Tea Party showed the integrity to actually do by ousting Williams and 2. the fake conservative claim of racism to counteract the NAACP via the Sherrod edited video have just given credence to my claims.

"The racist part of the video was not just what she was saying, which at the time of the story was racist she didn't help the guy as much as she could cause he was white. The racist part was the NAACP members in the crowd nodding in approval of her not helping him cause he was white.

Anyone denying this loses all credibility in my eyes at this point regarding this issue. A far as the question of racism, the conservatives just took two huge blows and the libs, while enabling and missing a big opportunity to be in the right completely still have no racist stain on their record from these two events.

Looking thru blue colored glasses much? Please tell me how Connies took two huge blows and libtards got off scott free

Since living abroad in several countries for several years where I was the minority and know what that feels like, I always speak out and will continue to speak out against racism. Sorry if you see that as "bull shit". Connies lose big here and the sooner they can admit it and make amends, the sooner they will lose the reputation of being a bunch of backwards racists. Its up to them and this week has only exposed that even more.

What the hell are you talking about? Backwards racist? Calling out racism as bullshit? Hello Earth! Are we talking about the same thread???.

Still waiting to see if the conservative mecca of propaganda Fox Noise steps up and makes an honest statement. Even Keith Olberman made a statement against the Left enabling this process with Sherrod. Fox still blaming the whole thing on Obama. Again at some point, don't you just think the right has to approach this whole thing a bit differently?

Again, what has Fox done wrong, they aired nothing on the story till she was forced to resign. And this is as much BHO's fault as anyone elses.
    On another note, this is hilarious. http://www.olpinhoopes.com/web/index...emid=39&id=300

Blog Entries

Tea Partiers are just the tip of the ice berg.

http://www.breitbart.tv/boehner-tea-...f-the-iceberg/