For all you Kenny Britt fans...

Dude has labeled his offseason "horrible."

Can't catch, out of shape.....

LINK

Re: For all you Kenny Britt fans...

That's the guy the all-knowing Ken Zalis wanted us to draft last season. I ask again: what is his credibility???

3. Re: For all you Kenny Britt fans...

ESPN's AFC North blogger, James Walker, found this email from last year after the draft:

As I have been saying all along, what a blunder of a move Ozzie made by drafting Michael Oher. Had Ozzie passed on Oher, he could have had both an impact WR and a starting OL.
    I assume he was talking about Britt. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why people like Jeremiah W don't run professional franchises.

Blog Entries

Not sure what to make of this. As a pro, he should have been given some kind of instruction from the team as far as adjusting to the NFL offseason, the timing of starting workouts, etc. Maybe the union doesn't allow that sort of thing, I wouldn't know. But surely the word gets around that - hey - here's what you do and when you do it, so you show up to camp in the right level of condition.

So I can't see an excuse. But at least he's saying the right things, which at least moves him out of Albert Haynesworth-type territory.

He was a good player last year, and may have just goofed up his offseason, so there's at least some reason to think he means what he says, and will make good on the whole thing yet. We'll see. Glad it's not our problem to worry about though.

Whoa, not good. While I buy that younger players can benefit from a mentor, I have to believe with one ounce of motivation, he could have found the necessary resources.

The Titans are a mess, so I'm not sure how pertinent this is vs. if he were on a team that actually accomplished something last season and this off-season. He played very well last year, so I'll withhold judgment on him till I see him actually suck this year.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

At least he recognizes he has a problem and is trying to do something about it. What til the season starts
    and he puts or doesn't put the numbers on the board. Like these.

FOR ALL KENNY BRITT HATERS. LOOK AND WEEP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q41u-VE9Kps

Britt had almost 100 yds receiving and a TD vs Squeelers in Piss on Thursday night football for the first game of the year
    in 09. He ended up with 700 yds and 3 TDs for the season while Clayton floundered around with 400 yds and
    Oher stepped on JOe's ankle and demolished it in Minn when Allen pushed him back into it. Then Squeelers sacked
    Joe 5 times in second half and he got his hip busted and went hobbling thru rest of year and all the POs where he
    practically handed off to Rice on almost every play.

His sacks were 7th worse in NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?ca...erType=current

We might have gone to the SB in 08 with Britt's stats in Pissburgh and they wouldn't have been able
    to blanket Mason. Indy did same thing this year letting Clayton be the inseparable Clayton. It's no accident
    Ravens got Joe all those weapons this year and after Bisciotti promised to get them for him in Feb.
    And it's no accident Ravens just signed Bulger, just in case Joe gets hurt again this year. Oz knows he is
    so close to the SB he is leaving no stone un-turned.

WE GOT OUR BOOK ENDS! ERIC DE COSTA

Meanwhile Ozzie is trying to trade one of them.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-28-2010 at 10:49 PM.

We might have gone to the SB in 08 with Britt's stats in Pissburgh and they wouldn't have been able
    to blanket Mason. Indy did same thing this year letting Clayton be the inseparable Clayton. It's no accident
    Ravens got Joe all those weapons this year and after Bisciotti promised to get them for him in Feb.
    And it's no accident Ravens just signed Bulger, just in case Joe gets hurt again this year. Oz knows he is
    so close to the SB he is leaving no stone un-turned.

WE GOT OUR BOOK ENDS! ERIC DE COSTA

Meanwhile Ozzie is trying to trade one of them.
    So they should have taken Britt instead of Oher? And you are complaining about not having bookends?

Of course they are considering trades for Gaither. He's a lazy pothead and while he has value the Ravens should dump his 4:20 ass before he is discovered and leverage more from that fifth round supplemental pick.

Sounds like you think you could do better than Ozzie Air...heh...heh I mean Flacco.

Blog Entries

If those stats gets us into the SB - YES!

Those stats in Piss in 08 gets us in the SB.

But my point was - Britt is better than you give him credit for, at
    least for his rookie year and let's wait for 2010 to start before trashing him.
    He made a mistake and is making up for it and still has time. We'll see.

As you know, DeCosta told us at Nest 1 they didn't want Nicks or Britt.

They both did well and Nicks finished just behind Harvn as the best
    rookie WR.

Ravens didn't even target them. It was either Oher or Pettigrew. In fact, when
    Eric briefed us he didn't even mention WR at all. I got up with the first question and
    asked why not, how bout this guy or that guy. Most of the men in the club appreciated the
    hard questions as many thanked me afterward and said I got more info out of him than anyone.

I'm glad someone high in the organization recognized Joe needed
    weapons. Bisciotti said he would get Joe weapons thru FA, trade
    or draft and he did.

He signed Stallworth a month later, then Boldin in March and Oz got Joe all
    those receivers in the draft - TEs, Wrs, everything.

Someone who was at that press conference told me that Ozzie just
    rolled his eyes when Bisciotti said that.

This year's draft should have been last year's.

Just my humble opinion.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-29-2010 at 06:30 PM.