Blog Entries

Big Ben compares himself to Superman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5273150

Saw this under the headline "Ben: I was young, immature", which made me laugh since the incident only happened 3 months ago, you really telling me he's suddenly grown up in 3 months time?

But this quote beats it...

"I got caught up being Big Ben the whole time. I lost track of who Ben Roethlisberger was. It's not something I'm proud of," he told WTAE.

Similarly, he told KDKA, "Big Ben just kept building up. It ended up coming off the field. It kept taking over. Superman kept taking over Clark Kent and you just never saw who Ben Roethlisberger was any more. At the time, I didn't see it. I was gaining everything but I was losing a lot of who I was raised to be."
    His comments on this are just REAL funny BS. Oh yeah, I understand now why you were taking advantage of girls...you were just "caught up" in your alter ego, "BIG BEN"!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Big Ben compares himself to Superman

Holy sh*t, I had no idea Superman was a serial rapist!!!

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

- C -
    That made me laugh out loud. Thanks.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Actually, as you can see form the following, Ben is doing an AWESOME job of emulating Superman.

“I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

ROFL!!!!

LOL!

That Kryptonite picture is one of the all-time great comic book covers. It's seriously so messed up, you have to wonder if anyone looked at it and realized what they were releasing and decided to just go with it to become part of comic legend.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

“When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

"Elsa Ronningstam, associate clinical professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School and author of Identifying and Understanding the Narcissistic Personality: Referring to yourself in the third person creates distance between "I" and "he." So if you have an exaggerated view of how great you are, you could be using this distance to make yourself even bigger. Or, if you've achieved major success suddenly, using the third person could be a way to adjust to the bigger role that's been assigned to you. It's a way to enlarge yourself to fit that role.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/third-person-1108#ixzz0qYJ2nEM9"

Yup, that pretty much sums him up ....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    "Elsa Ronningstam, associate clinical professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School and author of Identifying and Understanding the Narcissistic Personality: Referring to yourself in the third person creates distance between "I" and "he." So if you have an exaggerated view of how great you are, you could be using this distance to make yourself even bigger. Or, if you've achieved major success suddenly, using the third person could be a way to adjust to the bigger role that's been assigned to you. It's a way to enlarge yourself to fit that role.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/third-person-1108#ixzz0qYJ2nEM9"

Yup, that pretty much sums him up ....
    And the hammer meets the nail-head.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Kryptonite=Hilarious