Blog Entries

Voluntary Passing Camp

Couple notes from the Sun beat reporters about the voluntary passing camp...
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/

Absent are Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Derrick Mason, McGahee, Pryce, and Kruger. I suppose it's the right of players to skip, but it makes me dissapointed that Suggs, who made a HUGE deal about how bad he was last year, is not there. Also with Kruger, who needs all the time he can get. And why is Mason not there?

Injury limited players:

Troy Smith - tonsils - WTF??? Again? That's kind've weird...story apparently is he had his tonsils removed recently in Cleveland. Out for a few weeks, we might add a QB to fill his void temporarily.
    Ed Reed - hip
    Webb and Washington - knee
    Ngata - chest
    Cody - undisclosed (Our DL must look so much smaller without those two guys on the field!)
    Ayanbedejo - quadriceps
    KGregg - shoulder
    McKinney - disc

So our DL must look ridiculous today. Redding, Talavou, ? (Don't think Art Jones can participate since rookies are usually limited to one minicamp before graduation)

Gaither still has a bruised foot...Wonder if he's secretly got a bruised ego too.

Joe is apparently down to 240 pounds. Ravens want him to bulk up a bit more.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Voluntary Passing Camp

According to Ken Murray, Kruger was an "excused abscense" from the voluntary camp today, he'll be there tomorrow.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    According to Ken Murray, Kruger was an "excused abscense" from the voluntary camp today, he'll be there tomorrow.
    Good. Thanks for following up with that as I was wondering.

From AW's column notes:
    Flacco is noticeably lighter than last season. He's listed at 235 pounds. "I'm about the same weight, I think a little leaner," he said. "I think these guys might want me a little bit above 240. The bottom line is I'm going to play somewhere around high 230s, 240
    http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...1&view=archive

That has me slightly worried. Last year, Flacco's game suffered when he sustained deep bruising throughout his hip/thigh.

I would think his goal this offseason would be to add some bulk (ie armour) to his body, particularly the lower half. With a frame his size, he could stand to add some muscle to help absorb the beating of NFL football.

It's probably a non-issue, because we only talking a few pounds, but I expected him to show up a few pounds up, not down.

I heard on the radio yesterday, Harbaugh saying that Pitta and Dickson both looked good and made some nice plays in the passing game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    From AW's column notes:

http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...1&view=archive

That has me slightly worried. Last year, Flacco's game suffered when he sustained deep bruising throughout his hip/thigh.

I would think his goal this offseason would be to add some bulk (ie armour) to his body, particularly the lower half. With a frame his size, he could stand to add some muscle to help absorb the beating of NFL football.

It's probably a non-issue, because we only talking a few pounds, but I expected him to show up a few pounds up, not down.
    He added a fair bit to his legs last year. Evidently there is still time to add muscle and that is going to be the plan, but you don't want to get him to overladen.

Yeah b/c of Joe's height, I would think the upper thigh to lower torso would be the most targeted area for most defenders. Isn't Joe bulked up to 240 or was he heavier and came down? I thoughr he was a 230 guy and went up to 240, but I may be wrong. WTH is Smith doing in the offseason? He needs to stay away from Cleveland if he trying not to get infections.