New crop of slappies.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...or_ravens.html

From the Sun's Jameson Hensley.

Here's the official list of the undrafted rookies who have reached agreements with the Ravens.

Rodelin Anthony
    Wide receiver, UNLV
    At 6 feet 5, 230 pounds, he was a great red-zone target for UNLV. In four seasons, he had only 69 catches but 12 went for touchdowns. Anthony caught only 16 passes last season because he was limited to four games due to injuries (which included a concussion).

Morgan Cox
    Long snapper, Tennessee
    A three-year long snapper at the SEC school. Cox was the long-snapper for the South at the Senior Bowl, which boosted his status. There are questions about his size (6-3, 248 pounds).

John Fletcher
    Defensive end, Wyoming
    A three-year starter, he is athletic and has a strong motor, which helped him record seven sacks last season. But the 6-5, 270-pound pass rusher has to improve at the point of attack.

Ashton Hall
    Safety, Marshall
    A nickel cornerback early in his career, the 5-10, 196-pound defender played safety the final two seasons. He has a 44-inch vertical leap, which broke Randy Moss' school record.

Albert McClellan
    Outside linebacker, Marshall
    Undersized and athletic but lacks strength. He likely will be converting from a college defensive end. McClellan was a team captain at Marshall.

Prince Miller
    Cornerback, Georgia
    The former Mr. Football in South Carolina wasn’t expected to be drafted. The 5-9, 192-pound defender had only one interception in his college career. He averaged 11.9 yards on 19 punt returns.

Mike McLaughlin
    Middle linebacker, Boston College
    The most high-profile undrafted rookie agreement for the Ravens so far. McLaughlin is a solid prospect who was expected to be drafted in the fifth or sixth round. A two-year captain, McLaughlin is known as a vocal on-field leader. His reckless, hard-hitting style has led to injuries. The biggest knock is his lack of speed.

Courtney Smith
    Cornerback, Central Washington
    A Division II standout, Smith made 71 tackles and two interceptions in two seasons. The 5-foot-11, 195-pound Smith ran the 40-yard dash in 4.42 seconds is expected to compete at punt returner as well.

Curtis Steele
    Running back, Memphis
    Tough runner who averaged 6.3 yards per carry and scored 15 touchdowns last season. His lack of size (5-10, 194) doesn’t make him an effective insider runner. Steele was a team captain at Memphis.

The WR from UNLV is a very interesting prospect. Here is an interview he did on local tv/ internet. Sounds pretty smart and has impressive measurables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNUcHaYHfjY

:T2:

Blog Entries

Re: New crop of slappies.

I'm wanting to hear more on Fletcher.
    Played DT, then DE, and read some projection as a possible LB.
    On one hand I hear high motor, on the other hand I hear not great speed.

Past history of Scott, j.McClain, Ellerbe has me wondering if another rough diamond is there.
    No way of really knowing anything, first clue may be what position he gets practice at.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old