Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Offseason Report

Check this out, very interesting, your thoughts?
    http://www.footballfanspot.com/baltimoreravens.htm

2. Re: Offseason Report

I'd have to say this was written without much knowledge of the ravens team.

Things like "If everything works out, they could always trade Suggs, and start Kruger and Kindle, with Jarrett Johnson as a nickel guy." and "If Derrick Mason retires before his contract is up, Reed could give them an option across from Boldin." make me scratch my head. Why would we trade Suggs after all that money? Why would Mason demand a 2 year contract to only retire early?

3. Re: Offseason Report

Quote Originally Posted by Sobo Domino View Post
    I'd have to say this was written without much knowledge of the ravens team.

Things like "If everything works out, they could always trade Suggs, and start Kruger and Kindle, with Jarrett Johnson as a nickel guy." and "If Derrick Mason retires before his contract is up, Reed could give them an option across from Boldin." make me scratch my head. Why would we trade Suggs after all that money? Why would Mason demand a 2 year contract to only retire early?
    Suggs- Suggs struggled last year and if he continues to struggle, and kindle and kruger pan out, they may trade him to try to save money.

Mason- you never know. you didn't expect him to retire last offseason and he almost did. at his age, you just never know. i say it's highly unlikely, but reed's a nice option just in case, for whenever he retires/leaves.

Wink Re: Offseason Report

Way to pimp your own site .......... Trade Suggs, now?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

5. Re: Offseason Report

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Way to pimp your own site .......... Trade Suggs, now?
    Of course not now, i didn't say now, but if kruger and kindle pan out, someone has to be the odd man out, why not the guy with the biggest contract. not something they'll have to worry about until at least 1-2 yrs because 3-4 OLB take a while to pan out.

And yes this is my own site, I like discussing football (it's why I write), why not go to a discussion board with diehard football fans to have a discussion.

Re: Offseason Report

Quote Originally Posted by stevenlourie View Post
    Of course not now, i didn't say now, but if kruger and kindle pan out, someone has to be the odd man out, why not the guy with the biggest contract. not something they'll have to worry about until at least 1-2 yrs because 3-4 OLB take a while to pan out.
    You might be more credible if you took the time to learn that Kruger is going to be playing end in our lineup.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

And more respectable if you owned the page in your OP.

It's less annoying than Declue, but I wouldn't go rushing there again when I can read better analysis by fans here.

Good luck with the site.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Not very good.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenlourie View Post
    OK, now that's clarified, I could see unloading Suggs in a few years if both Kruger and Kindle pan out and if Suggs plays with out-of-shape fat-ass laziness again. Or Jarret Johnson.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    OK, now that's clarified, I could see unloading Suggs in a few years if both Kruger and Kindle pan out and if Suggs plays with out-of-shape fat-ass laziness again. Or Jarret Johnson.
    I think JJ will be let go when his deal is up unless he stays for a lot less than he could get. Many players like him have been allowed to go get paid at that age. He is pretty comparable to AD and Bart. I hope he stays, but it seems unlikley.

:T2:

I was confused by this statement...

The only receiver currently under contract for 2010 is Donte Stallworth who didn’t play at all last year because of suspension and is sure to be rusty. Most of their receivers are restricted and could be back if wanted back, but no receiver other than Derrick Mason was any good last year and he’s an unrestricted free agent.
    Did you mean 2011 and did you mean Anquan Boldin, not Stallworth?

They have a bunch of guys under contract in 2010. Stallworth's deal is just one year and Boldin's is four.

Mason was re-signed to a two-year, $8 million contract.

So, for the record, Boldin and Mason are under their control for at least two more years, and the younger receivers (other than Clayton and Williams) are essentially under their control as well. Stallworth is the guy who could be one and done. The real question is age and injuries. Clearly they need to be developing younger receivers for the future, contract considerations aside. Time will tell if they have anything at all in Reed, Harper and Smith.

12. Re: Offseason Report

Quote Originally Posted by shaslers View Post
    I was confused by this statement...

Did you mean 2011 and did you mean Anquan Boldin, not Stallworth?

They have a bunch of guys under contract in 2010. Stallworth's deal is just one year and Boldin's is four.

Mason was re-signed to a two-year, $8 million contract.

So, for the record, Boldin and Mason are under their control for at least two more years, and the younger receivers (other than Clayton and Williams) are essentially under their control as well. Stallworth is the guy who could be one and done. The real question is age and injuries. Clearly they need to be developing younger receivers for the future, contract considerations aside. Time will tell if they have anything at all in Reed, Harper and Smith.
    Written before the Boldin deal/Mason resigning