Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: 100,000 strong at climate rally

Another interesting article about AGW, or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    What would you know about it Galen? Have you ever been in one other than
    a wedding or funeral if even that?

Of course not, your family comes from the middle east.
    You're too funny Trap. If it is necessary to know, my mom was born in middle America. An archeologist, she met my dad on a dig in eastern Turkey. And yes I have been to church for more than funerals and weddings and while I usually find religious ceremonies rather odd, I do find them quaint and relaxing for the most part.

There is something called separation of the church and state.
    You have trouble understanding the constitution Galen.
    Seriously, you are telling me these? The Right is constant is pushing its religious dogma on this country.

Eventually he will be forcing it by threatening to cancel their tax exempt
    status.
    Yeah that would be huge hit for the millionaire televangelists that prey on the weak of mind every Sunday. Bring that on and free the poor souls to use their money for something that will actually enrich their own lives and not another mansion for the Benny Hinns of the world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    You're too funny Trap. If it is necessary to know, my mom was born in middle America. An archeologist, she met my dad on a dig in eastern Turkey. And yes I have been to church for more than funerals and weddings and while I usually find religious ceremonies rather odd, I do find them quaint and relaxing for the most part.

That is funny, really funny. It obviously didn't do you any good.

Seriously, you are telling me these? The Right is constant is pushing its religious dogma on this country.

I said it works both ways and the church guys like Dobson and Robertson
    need to stay out of politics and just preach the word.

That said, how about when the SC legalized abortion and took prayer out of schools. Maybe Dobson
    is trying to keep them from doing something whackier although he just failed with health reform
    and re-gaining Congress was Dobson's fault for punishing W by getting his people not to vote for
    any GOPs.

That alone should make him stay out of politics. It bit him in the ass.

Yeah that would be huge hit for the millionaire televangelists that prey on the weak of mind every Sunday. Bring that on and free the poor souls to use their money for something that will actually enrich their own lives and not another mansion for the Benny Hinns of the world.
    Tell it to Greg.

We've had wars in here on that point and I'm with you there.

Anyone you see on TV is a phony and heretic.

Getting back to the main point. OBY is the first Prez to ask the church to preach something and set up yet,
    another gov't agency to help them do it. There is too much gov't intervention. BEfore 1913 when Income Tax
    was passed there was no contact with Wash whatsoever.

Now the Prez is trying to get the church to preach his politics, and it's just a theory.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-17-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

Holy Crap... I think I agree with you on something. Churches, etc, are really no different from any other business, well except they are much more profittable. I have no concept of why they are tax free to begin with. THe catholic church is the wealthiest organization in the world and they don't pay taxes? No one in that whole chain pays any taxes of any kind really? wow.

Blog Entries

Once again, I love being right. I noticed you never quoted any of my last couple posts, Galen....why? Truth hurts?

Anyways, looks like one of the biggest torchbearers of the AGW hoax doesn't want debate any of the "swine", even after all of his conditions. I present: James Cameron, Extreme Pussy

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Once again, I love being right. I noticed you never quoted any of my last couple posts, Galen....why? Truth hurts?

Anyways, looks like one of the biggest torchbearers of the AGW hoax doesn't want debate any of the "swine", even after all of his conditions. I present: James Cameron, Extreme Pussy
    Ok...I will entertain this disasterous post because you seem slighted of late

I will just say that you are making a case because a hollywood personality is changing his mind about debating other movie makers? Is that right? You want to make this claim? That would be akin to me quoting Michael Moore or Brad Pitt and as you say, "Truth Hurts". As in, like Trap, you are kicking my ass because of what the hollywood stars are doing? I mean I can link all kinds of hollywood stars in support of my opinions, BUT I DON'T. I don't because not only is that simply amateurish but anyone on the right who likes to cry about elitism would be all over that argument.

I prefer to quote actual scientists and whne talking about climate, climatologists.

Your debate of hollywood movie makers is silly and I could care less what James Cameron does or doesn't do. Al Gore has more scientific credibility to me than Cameron.

Your debate is like you and JonBoy debating Trap and Greg over the existence of God and Christianity. That would make for some serious comical folly but really wouldn't appeal much to the rational side of me.

James Cameron? Really? and you wonder why...

Blog Entries

Nothing like peer-reviewed science debunking AGW. This is one more nail inthe coffin that is AGW:

"A peer-reviewed paper published in the Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences finds that Arctic sea ice extent at the end of the 20th century was more extensive than most of the past 9000 years. The paper also finds that Arctic sea ice extent was on a declining trend over the past 9000 years, but recovered beginning sometime over the past 1000 years and has been relatively stable and extensive since."

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/09/2...st-9000-years/

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Nothing like peer-reviewed science debunking AGW. This is one more nail inthe coffin that is AGW:

"A peer-reviewed paper published in the Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences finds that Arctic sea ice extent at the end of the 20th century was more extensive than most of the past 9000 years. The paper also finds that Arctic sea ice extent was on a declining trend over the past 9000 years, but recovered beginning sometime over the past 1000 years and has been relatively stable and extensive since."

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/09/2...st-9000-years/
    NO, when talking about climate change you must ignore everything BEFORE the industrial revolution as it's not part of who we are blaming here. All we can look at is that it is warmer now then it was in the 1850's. We can not research or even make mention of any sort of natural periodic warming and cooling of the Earth that can be noticed by looking back in history.

The "whole shebang" was a lost cause before it started. Perhaps over THOUSANDS of years, or perhaps several hundred, we can find data to point to the fact that we are changing the natural pattern, and that it is something that we are doing and not related to the sun or other external factors, Perhaps.

As normal Galen Tapped out after HISTORY was brought into the discussion of climate. Typical.

Blog Entries

Speaking of climate rally, Gore left his car running for
    and hour during a speech, then opted for a Swedish
    jet instead of taking the train. How about all that jet fuel the
    plane used? Hmmmmnnn.

LOL - He didn't seem so concerned about his fossil fuels
    trapping the heat to the surface letting his car run
    idle like that.

Also, he bought a beach front estate for $8.8M after saying
    the coast line would be wiped out.

Oh the hypocracy and vanity of the gullible libs.

http://www.climatedepot.com/a/8595/G...transportation
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-28-2010 at 09:32 PM.