Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: G7 joining the Tea Baggers!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Nice you that you so automatically assume if you are white then you will have a license and then have nothing to worry about. And if you don't...then what? Under Az. law you are arrested. C'mon now, that is a really lame argument.
    You made it about race. I merely pointed out that "white people" along with anyone of any race should have a drivers license. If they don't have that then a proof of insurance and/or a registration would do. If you don't have any of those then "oh fucking well", you deserve to be investigated.

It is not a law in this country to "carry papers". Again, I would love to see Obama require all Americans to carry papers. You baggers would be in an uproar.
    We do. Its called a Social Security card. Its not needed for a traffic stop but if they "reissued" it voluntarily in a better form than the paper one they have now, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. Especially if it was safe, meaning it didn't have the actual number on it.

Yeah Soros does give money as well as Bill Gates to liberal causes like education, arts, underprivledged etc. You know causes that make society a better place. Here take a look at all the harmful stuff Soros does to this world; http://www.soros.org/initiatives
    I was referring to moveon.org and the games they play

Meanwhile the corporate funding used to astroturf the bagger movement is busy with;

BP and the "Baggers", eh? They were the largest corporate donator to the 0bama campaign and got away with safety violations. We need oil so this catastrophe is just that...

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...38E6437FBEC75D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042604308.html

Got any proof of the "corparate funding"?

Blog Entries

probably another idea you might want to rethink;

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...ne.php?ref=fpa

The State of Arizona is basically being boycotted because of their narrow-minded, racist approach to the problem. But hey, if 70% of the country is racist then daggone it Elwood, racism must be ok!
    Those numbers are wildly optimistic, as far as $$$ spent and the amount of people staying per convention. We'll see whether or not Arizona will be hurt economically. I'm betting they'll be fine and as a State they are allowed to make their own laws. They will either suffer repercussions from it or actually save some money in the long run. Time will tell.

As a side note: Reading those comments about boycotting, someone mentioned the Whole Foods boycott and it made me wonder about all the employees that work there; did they realize that they've got it pretty good with 100% of their HC paid for but quit their job on principle before the HC bill was passed? I'm betting not. Now, do they realize that they're going to lose that 100% coverage because the law was changed and it will affect them financially? Also, the boycott on them didn't do squat and actually gave them some free advertising...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    I seriously want to drive down to 'Zona, dye my hair black, get a nice dark tan, grow a 'stache and hang out in front of a Home Depot until I get arrested for not being able to present my proof of citizenship. At which point I sue the ever living shit out of the state.
    This is probably the smartest thing you've ever thought of. Please, hire a film crew to make a documentary. Would make for great TV.

Blog Entries

probably another idea you might want to rethink;

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...ne.php?ref=fpa

The State of Arizona is basically being boycotted because of their narrow-minded, racist approach to the problem. But hey, if 70% of the country is racist then daggone it Elwood, racism must be ok!
    Wrong again. The LA Times has disapproval of their City Council action at 93%. 93%

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla...tion-poll.html

Read the comments of how most American's feel. The line has been drawn.
    Last edited by 4G63; 05-14-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Wrong again. The LA Times has disapproval of their City Council action at 93%. 93%

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla...tion-poll.html

Read the comments of how most American's feel. The line has been drawn.
    Again for the upteenth time, just because your latest poll of 93% of those poll takers are racist, doesn't means it is right. I am glad you find comfort in polls but you should really challenge yourself to think outside of polls and whether you would like to live in a country where just because you are white, you have to carry papers. To be truthful, that day could just be a couple decades away here in the ol' US of A. You might want to reconsider what it means to judge someone on race.

Blog Entries

Again for the upteenth time, just because your latest poll of 93% of those poll takers are racist, doesn't means it is right. I am glad you find comfort in polls but you should really challenge yourself to think outside of polls and whether you would like to live in a country where just because you are white, you have to carry papers. To be truthful, that day could just be a couple decades away here in the ol' US of A. You might want to reconsider what it means to judge someone on race.
    You didn't put down what you intended, I'm guessing. Either way, if you're in this country as a visitor from Anywhere in the world, you'd better have some form of ID. A Passport. A foreign drivers license. Something. Whats so hard about that for you? Why would you give anyone in America a break that's not supposed to be here but its OK for Federales in Mexico to lock you up for days (or weeks) on end if you don't have an ID while traveling in Mexico?

Change the Federal Law on Immigration. Its that simple. The Arizona law mirrors the Federal law.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You didn't put down what you intended, I'm guessing. Either way, if you're in this country as a visitor from Anywhere in the world, you'd better have some form of ID. A Passport. A foreign drivers license. Something. Whats so hard about that for you? Why would you give anyone in America a break that's not supposed to be here but its OK for Federales in Mexico to lock you up for days (or weeks) on end if you don't have an ID while traveling in Mexico?

Change the Federal Law on Immigration. Its that simple. The Arizona law mirrors the Federal law.
    I think I put down what I intended. There is nothing hard for me with this issue. I think you are having a hard time understanding that there are BROWN AMERICANS. Yes Americans that are BROWN...born here, work here, pay taxes here..YES BROWN PEOPLE THAT WORK AND PAY TAXES. Wow! huh?...yep, not just some liberal pipe dream.

These BROWN PEOPLE will be asked to prove their citizenship. In Arizona, it will be a crime to be illegal so in effect, if you appear to be illegal - just as in any crime - they can arrest and ask you to present papers. If a brown person is in Arizona and APPEARS to be illegal by you know,the way they walk down the street, or, you know by the shoes they wear, the way they talk, the way their skin is BROWN, there will now be reasonable cause to search, arrest and demand papers.

Now I ask...Mr 93%, if you are white will there be as much reasonable cause to search you? Ask you for papers? Of course not. This is what is referred to as RACIAL PROFILING and that, regardless of 100% of the people believing in it, is RACIST. There are I guess 7% that believe we shouldn't approach anybody differently depending on the color of their skin. Good for them.

I think I put down what I intended. There is nothing hard for me with this issue. I think you are having a hard time understanding that there are BROWN AMERICANS. Yes Americans that are BROWN...born here, work here, pay taxes here..YES BROWN PEOPLE THAT WORK AND PAY TAXES. Wow! huh?...yep, not just some liberal pipe dream.

These BROWN PEOPLE will be asked to prove their citizenship. In Arizona, it will be a crime to be illegal so in effect, if you appear to be illegal - just as in any crime - they can arrest and ask you to present papers. If a brown person is in Arizona and APPEARS to be illegal by you know,the way they walk down the street, or, you know by the shoes they wear, the way they talk, the way their skin is BROWN, there will now be reasonable cause to search, arrest and demand papers.

Now I ask...Mr 93%, if you are white will there be as much reasonable cause to search you? Ask you for papers? Of course not. This is what is referred to as RACIAL PROFILING and that, regardless of 100% of the people believing in it, is RACIST. There are I guess 7% that believe we shouldn't approach anybody differently depending on the color of their skin. Good for them.
    Actually, it means everyone has to carry papers. oh darn, if you live in Arizona you now know what to keep in your wallet. Is that a huge deal?

It's not racial profiling, because if you are white, and talking with a russian or eastern European accent, I would imagine you would fall in line for questioning as well. You are right though that cornbread fed men from Oklahoma on vacaton aren't likely to be bothered, but why would they, they are here legally.

It already IS a crime to be here illegally? Is there a problem with upholding the law? Would you rather have it like the wild west?

Does this law overreach, maybe a little. Is the spirit right, YES. There are tens of thousands of people breaking the laws of this country in this state, it's about time they started prosecutiing and deporting those folks. There are plenty of legal ways to be here. I don't care what color or race you are, I just care whethere you are breaking the law or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Actually, it means everyone has to carry papers. oh darn, if you live in Arizona you now know what to keep in your wallet. Is that a huge deal?
    Too funny. All tea baggers crying about their liberties being taken because of something humane like healthcare for all but it is sooooo easy for you to accept having to carry papers. Again this is a litmus test for the validity of the tea baggers concerns about liberties all the "Don't Tread on Me" signs and flags at their rallies but it is suddenly okay to have to carry papers. You guys just don't see it do you?

It's not racial profiling, because if you are white, and talking with a russian or eastern European accent, I would imagine you would fall in line for questioning as well. You are right though that cornbread fed men from Oklahoma on vacaton aren't likely to be bothered, but why would they, they are here legally.
    2 textbook examples of racial profiling but again you fail to see it. You really think if you speak with an accent, you should be profiled? And if you are white cornbread you are without a doubt an American? Where do you live dude? What is your life experience? There are no Americans with accents? There are no stupid cornbread white people who aren't Americans?

It already IS a crime to be here illegally? Is there a problem with upholding the law? Would you rather have it like the wild west?
    No you should be arrested for being here illegally. No one questions that and those who are stuck on this argument simply are being "red herringed". Again a third example of how you are really missing the argument here. The problem is why an officer will feel compelled to ask for papers.

Does this law overreach, maybe a little. Is the spirit right, YES.
    I will use this in future debates with conservatives. Talk about the slippery slope to losing liberties. You have lost all - if you had any - credibility in most arguments on this side if you are ok with overreaching into someone's true liberties - not tea bagger fears - but true liberties as long as it is in a "spirit" you agree with.

You should stick to your one sentence snide remark replies over here...they are easier to simply ignore as just someone who is ill-informed.

Too funny. All tea baggers crying about their liberties being taken because of something humane like healthcare for all but it is sooooo easy for you to accept having to carry papers. Again this is a litmus test for the validity of the tea baggers concerns about liberties all the "Don't Tread on Me" signs and flags at their rallies but it is suddenly okay to have to carry papers. You guys just don't see it do you?

2 textbook examples of racial profiling but again you fail to see it. You really think if you speak with an accent, you should be profiled? And if you are white cornbread you are without a doubt an American? Where do you live dude? What is your life experience? There are no Americans with accents? There are no stupid cornbread white people who aren't Americans?

No you should be arrested for being here illegally. No one questions that and those who are stuck on this argument simply are being "red herringed". Again a third example of how you are really missing the argument here. The problem is why an officer will feel compelled to ask for papers.

I will use this in future debates with conservatives. Talk about the slippery slope to losing liberties. You have lost all - if you had any - credibility in most arguments on this side if you are ok with overreaching into someone's true liberties - not tea bagger fears - but true liberties as long as it is in a "spirit" you agree with.

You should stick to your one sentence snide remark replies over here...they are easier to simply ignore as just someone who is ill-informed.
    First of ALL, this wasn't HEALTHCARE reform, it was HEALTH INSURANCE, there is already HUMANE HEALTHCARE for all, by law... all this reform did was change who's bak account how much WHO's money goes into... nothign abotu HEALTHCARE which is provided to all, BY LAW at hospitals all over the country.

What is so hard about being told Months in advance that you have to carry your citizenship papers so you can clear out the illegals. I would think that a legally here immigrant would be PROUD to show they are doing the right thing, it's as simple as pulling out your wallet and handing over what you were told MONTHS ago to carry. It's kinda like being forced to show license and registration at a traffic stop.
    I get profiled for driving a "sports" car. My panties aren't in a wad. I know it's not the same, but it's not diifferent either.
    How many people with Middle American accents do you know that AREN'T citizens? Can you name ONE? I doubt it. That was my only point. The MAJORITY of my friends around here are LEGAL Russian Immigrants. Many Jews that fleed persecution. They typically came through Israel.
    IF Baltimore started having a problem with illegal sex trades of Russian and Eastern European women, All of my friends would learn to carry their papers, and would simply show their papers when commonly stopped. It would be a nuisance, but as long as you were prepared and cooperative, it would be over soon enough. If it helps us clear out streets of Sex slaves and their traders, I'd be happy for it.

So ones TRUE liberties are what they have to carry in their pocket? How does that compare to FORCING someone to purchase Health Insurance?

Blog Entries

I quoted your statement for factual inaccuracy. The local/state police in Arizona can't stop you for being "Brown" while enforcing this law. They can't harass someone for it and if they are harassing people, this law won't matter either way. They're ONLY allowed to verify status if they commited a crime of some sort and they meet the guidelines of this law. Once again, this mirrors FEDERAL LAW.

Legal citizens are required by law to have an ID on them denoting they are legal citizens of the US, regardless of race/color.

Drink another cup of tea and try to relax. Your god 0bama and his little minion Eric Holder have proven their incompetance on numerous occasions, but a Bush-era memo they forgot to remove will make any impending lawsuit against Arizona look quite foolish. Read here for some enlightened talking points.

From Hotair because it makes the point better than I could: "Barack Obama has been in office for sixteen months. Eric Holder has been AG for almost as long, being one of the first Cabinet members confirmed by the Senate after Obama assumed office. During the transition, both men promised to “hit the ground running,” which should have meant a review of policy positions across the board. Immigration reform was a key agenda item for Obama and the Democrats — and yet no one at the DoJ or the White House apparently thought to withdraw this memo. That speaks volumes about competence.

One reason the memo remains in place is because it’s just common sense. The federal government works with state and local authorities to enforce federal law in other areas, especially on drugs, for example. The same applies to immigration violations when police already have detained a person for probable cause on another potential crime, as the law (now) stipulates. Unless we’re prepared to fund a massive federal police agency with officers in every town in America, the federal government needs to have state and local authorities helping to enforce federal laws — even the laws that the Obama administration doesn’t want to enforce. Especially those laws.

What else has escaped the reading list of the Obama administration? For a collection of self-described geniuses, they seem particularly incurious readers regarding laws and policy papers."