Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carey's Final 2 round mock draft

1. St. Louis- Sam Bradford- They get their franchise QB here

2. Detroit- Ndamukong Suh- Dominant disruptive force, gives their D a face

3. Tampa Bay- - If they are gonna keep playing that cover 2 they have to improve the line, starts here with Mccoy

4. Washington- Trent Williams- best fit for their zone blocking scheme

5. Kansas City- Russell Okung- Trying to get back to having a line like the Priest Holmes days, Berry is very possible here

6. Seattle- Brian Bulaga-Walter Jones's replacement

7. Cleveland- Eric Berry- One of the safer picks in the draft, instantly becomes their best playmaker on D

8. Oakland- Bruce Campbell- No explanation needed

9. Buffalo- Jimmy Clausen- All the tools to be a franchise guy, lets see if he has the intangibles that have been questioned

10. Jacksonville- Joe Haden- Has shut down ability, and playing in division with Indy and Houston they are gonna need it

11. Denver- Rolando Mcclain- Denver continues they're plan to get more physical

12. Miami- Derrick Morgan- One of the most complete players in this draft, i like him better as a 4-3 end but i see him as a guy Parcells will like

13. San Fransico- Charles Brown- Niners reach a little here but they need to upgrade their line to make a serious run, too many sack last year.

14. Seattle- Jason Pierre Paul- All the tools to be a great pass rusher

15. New York G- Dan Williams- Position of need and a good fit, they need to get consistency out of that spot

16- Tennesee- Kyle Wilson-Him and Finnegan make a great pair, very similiar games, i can see DE here but i think they go with the safer bet

17- San Fransico- CJ Spiller- Gives them a weapon they can move all over the field, helps as a returner as well

18. Pittsburgh- Maurkice Pouncey- Versatile, athletic and nasty. Will be a good upgrade at guard

19. Atlanta- Sean Weatherspoon- Another cant miss guy, this defense still needs playmakers

20. Houston- Earl Thomas- I know they need a corner or 2 but they wont pass on this kind of ball hawk, he also fits a need and the can get a corner in the 2nd.

21. Cincinatti- Jermaine Gresham- The Bengals finally get their TE, Tate is a possibility but i think Ocho, Bryant and Caldwell is enough not to take a WR in the 1st.

22. New England- Jared Odrick- All of a sudden they are very thin upfront, Odrick is a good fit

23. Green Bay- Anthony Davis- Potential to be a good LT in the league, falls here because of work ethic issues

24. Philadelphia- Kareem Jackson-Have to replace Sheldon Brown

25- Baltimore- Brandon Graham- Not a dire need tho pass rush is, Oz never leaves value on the board

26. Arizona- Devin Mccourty- Can pair him with DRC and put Mcfadden in the nickel

27. Dallas- Dez Bryant- This pick means good bye Roy Williams

28. San Diego- Ryan Matthews- Complete back, will hit the hole hard and quickly, something LT didnt bring last year

29. New York J- Sergio Kindle- This pick means goodbye Vernon Gholston

30. Minnesota- Mike Iupati- Nice upgrade at Guard

31. Indianapolis- Brain Price-Nice fit, instant upgrade

32. New Orleans- Carlos Dunlap-Could be dominate if he wants to be, he's a perfect fit for that D

Round 2

1. St. Louis- Everson Griffen
    2. Detroit- Taylor Mays
    3. Tampa Bay- Demaryius Thomas
    4. Kansas City-Jerry Hughes
    5. Philadephia- Corey Wooton
    6. Cleveland-Colt Mccoy
    7. Oakland-Lamarr Houston
    8. San Diego-Terrance Cody
    9. Buffalo-Roger Saffold
    10. Tampa Bay- Chris Cook
    11. Denver-Golden Tate
    12. New England-Koa Misi
    13. Denver-John Asamoah
    14. NY Giants-Sean Lee
    15. New England-Rob Gronkowski
    16. Carolina-Arrellious Benn
    17. San Fransico-Vladimir Ducasse
    18. Kansas City-Damian Williams
    19. Houston-Patrick Robinson
    20. Pittsburgh-Brandon Ghee
    21. New England-Jahvid Best
    22. Cincinatti-Nate Allen
    23. Philadelphia-Ricky Sapp
    24. Green Bay-Jerome Murphy
    25. Baltimore-Tyson Alualu
    26. Arizona-Jared Veldheer
    27. Dallas-Morgan Burnett
    28. Seattle-Carlton Mitchell
    29. NY Jets-Alex Carrington
    30. Minnesota-Domonique Franks
    31. Indianapolis-Thad Gibson
    32. New Orleans-Daryl Washington

I previously said i didnt think it was any way we left the 2nd rd without a corner, this may still be the case but if it falls this way i think Oz takes the value in Graham and starts to work on corner in a more creative way.

Let me know what you guys think, i didnt do 2nd round explanations to save room. If you have any questions about reasoning for the picks just let me know

Re: Carey's Final 2 round mock draft

for startrs, flip SF's first round picks and it makes more sense. With Seattle taking an OT early, SF would be much better served to snag Spiller ahead of Pete Carroll, knowing Charlie Brown would be available in a few picks, if not... they could go Anthony Davis with the second pick...

I'd be pretty upset going into saturday without a corner... By the fifth round there will not be anyone of starter quality. I would hope Ozzie had another Fabian Wahsington up his sleeve. I was PISSED that we hadn't selected a corner yet that year until I heard he trade. If I'm not mistaken that was the draft that Dallas took Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick, both of whom i wanted.

If Dez Bryant is there at our pick we will take him.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    If Dez Bryant is there at our pick we will take him.
    Probably not over Brandon Graham. Now both of them falling... that is another story.

Blog Entries

Brown over Davis to SF seems a bit too much a reach...Taking Davis would be a reach, taking Brown is just trying to link SF with USC. Actually, I think they take Spiller first, knowing that he's more likely a higher pick and that the Giants could grab him.

I also think Iupati can't go that low...His value has been rising majorly, and I've heard he may not go past #20.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I shouldn't say no way when I'm talking about Oakland, but I do not see Bruce Cambell going in the first round and if he does I don't see him close to a top 10 pick.

I don't disagree with much but this one really stood out to me when there are better tackles in the draft, yes he had a great combine but as far as game play he is not a top 10 pick IMO
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Brown over Davis to SF seems a bit too much a reach...Taking Davis would be a reach, taking Brown is just trying to link SF with USC. Actually, I think they take Spiller first, knowing that he's more likely a higher pick and that the Giants could grab him.

I also think Iupati can't go that low...His value has been rising majorly, and I've heard he may not go past #20.
    Charlie Brown over Anthony Davis isn'[t a stretch at all. Davis has all the signs that we hear about Gaither and there is crickets on that front. I don't doubt teams are very down on these motivationally lacking players.

I too think SF would more likely take spiller first with Williams, Bulaga and Okung all gone.

Campbell to Oakland is a funny joke, and could happen, but man does it ruin mocks. It makes it tough when a mid 2nd round talent goes half a round before Brandon Graham and Dez Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Charlie Brown over Anthony Davis isn'[t a stretch at all. Davis has all the signs that we hear about Gaither and there is crickets on that front. I don't doubt teams are very down on these motivationally lacking players.

I too think SF would more likely take spiller first with Williams, Bulaga and Okung all gone.

Campbell to Oakland is a funny joke, and could happen, but man does it ruin mocks. It makes it tough when a mid 2nd round talent goes half a round before Brandon Graham and Dez Bryant.
    Man your right, Al is so unconventional its tough to make a choice. Also some of these guys will not drop in these spots because of trades.

I dropped Davis below Brown because all the work ethic issues that have come up with Davis while Brown has been clean as a whistle as well as being a better fit if they plan to keep going with that spread type attack that suites Alex Smith better.

Blog Entries

Looks good with the tweaks others have suggested (esp SF),
    I'm really feeling there are going to be several trades in the 1st two rounds, and players included, like player and 3rd for a 2nd.
    Have to keep an eye on tenders signed, because that will thin the possible players if unsigned, Campbell is signed, I think Haynesworth is, Clayton isn't yet as far as I know, there are just a bunch of "bubble" veterans due to teams changing coaching/schemes, most won't trade for anything high, but could solidify a position enough for a team to be willing to drop back a round.
    Gonna be interesting.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Demaryius Thomas is going in the first. I'm pretty sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Probably not over Brandon Graham. Now both of them falling... that is another story.
    Yeah, THAT is a tough call.

I agree with most of it, but I got some thoughts on a few...

*1st round*

#5 KC -Would KC really pass on Berry? This is a pretty deep draft at OL and they pick at the top of the 2nd. They need an impact player on D as that wins games for you (see Texans O but no D).

#10 Jacksonville. Your right they have the Texans and the Colts in there division, but without a pass rush all the Deon Sanders and the world cannot cover a WR forever. I say they go pass rush aka Pierre Paul. They need serious help. Remember the Patriots playoff game where they let Brady blood let them to death with seven in the secondary. Too much freakish ability to let get out of the top ten I think.

#13 SF- I think Spiller here b/c if he gets passed this time Seattle grabs him with there second 1st round pick. I guarantee it. It is Carroll's Reggie Bush all over again.

#14 Sea- With Spiller gone I think Dez goes here after the unsuccessful recruitment of Marshall from Denver.

P.S. I like that kid Carlton Mitchell from USF in the 2nd as a possible Ravens pick. 6'3" 215 runs in the 4.41-4.42 range and is pretty good catching the ball. I noticed that he was not a predraft visit as well, which means that he may be on our board as a sleeper.