Exclamation 14 Steelers Arrested Since 2000

I am never one to subscribe to bias theories in the NFL, but this number is downright staggering. Pretty cool application by the San Diego Union-Tribune; shows you how many times a team has been subjected to a player arrest since 2000.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/spo...92360374661054

Makes me wonder why the NFL is so headstrong on their support for these thugs. (before you say it PP, I know, it's money!)

Throw in the civil stuff and I bet the Steelers are up to 20.

To be fair, we have 14 as well, but the majority of those are not recent while the Steelers are all pretty much in the last 2-3 years.

Re: 14 Steelers Arrested Since 2000

Interesting data , understand why Goodell is concerned

New England looks like one of the cleaner teams with only 8 arrests

One of the arrests for Philadelphia was for "abandoning a puppy in a soccer field" (that was pre-Vick joining the team) :(

Blog Entries

Why am I not surprised that Cincinnati was in the lead with 30 incidents and 28 or so arrests? In all fairness to Pittsburgh, looking through most of the teams it looks like 14 is pretty close to average, but you're right there has definitely been an uptick in Pittsburgh over the past few years under Tomlin, just like there has been a downtick in Baltimore under Harbaugh. I can see why Biscotti was so hungry for a culture change.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    there has definitely been an uptick in Pittsburgh over the past few years under Tomlin, just like there has been a downtick in Baltimore under Harbaugh. I can see why Biscotti was so hungry for a culture change.
    I didnt even think about the coinciding coaching changes.

You're right. Bisciotti saw the writing on the wall. Makes that snap decision he made with Billick all that more important.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I didnt even think about the coinciding coaching changes.

You're right. Bisciotti saw the writing on the wall. Makes that snap decision he made with Billick all that more important.
    Rapistberger and Holmes were both drafted under Cowher. I don't think you can blame Tomlin for their actions. Many people who have seen the rapist out in Yinzer-town have documented that he's a huge asshole - treats people rudely, hits on women constantly, doesn't tip or walks out on checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Rapistberger and Holmes were both drafted under Cowher. I don't think you can blame Tomlin for their actions. Many people who have seen the rapist out in Yinzer-town have documented that he's a huge asshole - treats people rudely, hits on women constantly, doesn't tip or walks out on checks.
    True. I'm only guessing, but maybe Tomlin is a bit lax on team rules while Cowher had a harder hand?

I dated a girl that went to Duquesne and she has many stories about Ben and his way with women. She claims Ben is banned from a few bars there and the local women know to stay away from him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I agree, but I think a coach and the organization as a whole can have a large influence on pressing the importance of responsible off season and off-the-field behavior. Which isn't to say that would mean Reed wouldn't drunkenly resist arrest or Holmes wouldn't tweet about it every time he rolled a fatty or Roethlisberger wouldn't get off on pressing himself on blind drunk women. I'm just thinking that maybe they or other players may have been more inclined to think twice about their actions if Tomlin or others in the organization might have been more proactive in stressing character issues' importance to the team, their careers and their contracts. Maybe that is something that has been slipping from the Steelers in the past few years.