Shaun Rogers with an illegal firearm

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Shaun Rogers with an illegal firearm

Who does he think he is? Barry Switzer?

PP

Both states allow concealed carry, however Ohio does not recognize a Texas permit.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Both states allow concealed carry, however Ohio does not recognize a Texas permit.
    Doesn't matter about concealed carry. I think federal law that says you can't take a loaded weapon in a carry-on bag on an airplane trumps state law.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Doesn't matter about concealed carry. I think federal law that says you can't take a loaded weapon in a carry-on bag on an airplane trumps state law.
    Agreed. Just offering some perspective.

It's monumentally stupid to bring a firearm to an airport, but I do not think he will see any jail time. In fact, I will bet he pays a fine and that's all.

If Ohio courts are like TX courts, they will take into account if he has a permit to carry,

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed. Just offering some perspective.

It's monumentally stupid to bring a firearm to an airport, but I do not think he will see any jail time. In fact, I will bet he pays a fine and that's all.

If Ohio courts are like TX courts, they will take into account if he has a permit to carry,
    Was kind of surprised to hear he was arrested on state charges. I had always thought airport security stuff like this resulted in federal charges in fed court with the much tougher penalties.

7. Re: Shaun Rogers with an illegal firearm

Dude is an idiot. How do you forget that you have a gun in your bag...when you're going to the AIRPORT???? What a dope.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Dude is an idiot. How do you forget that you have a gun in your bag...when you're going to the AIRPORT???? What a dope.
    Well, no one ever claimed that intelligence was a prerequisite for being an athlete these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Was kind of surprised to hear he was arrested on state charges. I had always thought airport security stuff like this resulted in federal charges in fed court with the much tougher penalties.
    Nah. TSA is not equipped to make arrests.

I watched a guy try to come through with ammo once and the Houston PD took him away. I am sure it is just like that in Ohio as well. I travel for work all the time and I did bring my gun to the airport once, forgetting it was on my hip from earlier in the day. Thankfully, I remembered as I was parking and put it in my trunk until I got back in town. Had I made it to the security line, that would have been a $5,000 fine and loss of my concealed carry license for one year.

Like Beeracuda said, intelligence is not a prerequisite for being an athlete -- or to be a air traveler for that matter. ;)

Each airport has local police housed in the airport. Just like we have the MdTA in BWI. Hopkins International Airport ( Cleveland), has local authoritied stationed in the airport. I was just in Cleveland last spring.
    Lovin me some section 543

I have never owned a gun or carried a knife but STILL, before getting in the security line I always stop and ask myself if I am carrying anything that could get me in trouble. Rogers is a moron.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012