ESPN: SD wanted to hire Rex

But they were afraid that he would not be able to find a quality Offensive Coordinator at this late of a date. Norv can be his own OC and that was the deciding factor according to Michael Smith.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Re: ESPN: SD wanted to hire Rex

I could believe that...but in that case why are they interviewing all of these defensive coaches and coordinators when the whole time they wanted the former bills defensive coordinator?

I might understand that being their justification later, but come on.

That's just the PR feel good machine spinning.

Rex could have called either Jim Fassel or Matt Cavanaugh.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I don't beleive it for a second. As an Owner and or, a GM, you hire the best Head-Coach available. This is like saying you vote for the Vice President during the Presidential elections. ESPN, wrong........................Whoa. Now thats news

I thought Singletary and Ryan were clearly the stronger candidates for the Charger job. I don't feel in a team sport, where motivation, p.r. and deflecting attention from the modern twenty year million dollar babies is suited for Turner who has failed as a head coach in all but one year.

They will rue the day they hired Turner over Rex.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

6. Re: ESPN: SD wanted to hire Rex

Good ,I for one am glad to have Rex back at least for one more season. If Billick doesn't have a good year next year look for the next coach of the Ravens to be Rex Ryan. But imo the Ravens should probably be good again next year thus next year we lose Rex to another team(hopefully not the Browns) either