Thread: Ravens PSL's

Ravens PSL's

Looking on Ebay today more PSL's for sale then I have ever seen.

Re: Ravens PSL's

That price hike was pretty substantial, that's all I can think of. It's not as if the team is terrible.

...I definitely need to come home to Baltimore and see a game this year.

The asking price is much more that what the Ravens would charge if you purchased directly from them. I guess people want to take their gains and run.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    That price hike was pretty substantial, that's all I can think of. It's not as if the team is terrible.

...I definitely need to come home to Baltimore and see a game this year.
    Makes no sense to sell the PSL because of the price hike for game tickets. Just sell the tickets for a few games and make the money back.

It would make sense to sell them if you think last year was a peak that won't be reached any time soon. You could reason that the value of the PSL is at a point it might not be for awhile.

PP

I want my PSL back, my fam had to give it up because of money reason's...I'll take one!
    "IT'S NOT ATTITUDE, I'M JUST THAT GOOD!"

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    The asking price is much more that what the Ravens would charge if you purchased directly from them. I guess people want to take their gains and run.
    The Ravens have a waiting list and you don't know where you will sit until your number comes up.

People know what they are worth now and want to cash in. My PSL's are pricelss to me

My family can sell mine after I'm dead and buried. Until then, I'm going to every fricken game I can!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven View Post
    People know what they are worth now and want to cash in. My PSL's are pricelss to me
    Some people may not have the money. It is expensive. I am lucky in that I can afford them but not everyone can.

Thumbs down Re: Ravens PSL's

Selling PSL's = fool's gold!

PSL's would have to be worth many times more than the going rate for us to even consider selling them. It would be a false economy: except for crummy games in down year, individual games sold by brokers or even most individual fans would be marked up. It wouldn't take a lot of games of paying over face value to equal the revenue from selling a PSL. Then - what would you have? No seat!

Moreover: betcha the IRS would consider the profit from selling a PSL to be a capital gain. I know that they already do not allow the cost of purchasing a PSL to be an expense because the PSL is considered to be an investment. So -- be prepared to share half the income from the PSL sale with the greedy paws of the Federal and State tax collectors.

Most important to me: we have a dozen seats together or in near proximity. Try to find a dozen sold on an individual game basis would be impossible.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'll never sell my PSLs...these will be something to pass on to my children some day.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998