Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Joey Porter to the Ravens?

He hasn't escaped Miami yet but that seems to be a foregone conclusion

Would you be willing to welcome him to Baltimore to boost the Ravens sagging pass rush?

We have a poll up on the Home page...as of this writing the vote is split.

Re: Joey Porter to the Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by tl24x7 View Post
    he hasn't escaped miami yet but that seems to be a foregone conclusion

would you be willing to welcome him to baltimore to boost the ravens sagging pass rush?

We have a poll up on the home page...as of this writing the vote is split.

f##& no!

Section 106 from start to finish!

Nope. He is a freaking dope and an a hole. Pretty good pass rusher, but I want a DL rusher not another OLB. JJ, Barnes, Kruger, McClain and so on. He would be good for maybe 8-10 but I doubt it and he is a huge jurk.

:T2:

Words cannot express how much I do NOT want this to happen.

Too old, IMO.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

First - Right player right price. You can never, ever have enough good players to rush the passer. If he's reasonable, go for it. Especially if there is concern about depth in the DE/LB slot (or if Kruger doesn't develop)

Second - Yeah, he's mouthy and says lots of soundbites and talks a lot.

Third - evaluate every player. so what if he talked trash about the ravens or pushed Todd Heap a few years ago? Porter didn't run someone over in the middle of the night or beat his wife or fail drug tests.

Never know. I'm not opposed to considering the guy - he can play.
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    First - Right player right price. You can never, ever have enough good players to rush the passer. If he's reasonable, go for it. Especially if there is concern about depth in the DE/LB slot (or if Kruger doesn't develop)

Third - evaluate every player. so what if he talked trash about the ravens or pushed Todd Heap a few years ago? Porter didn't run someone over in the middle of the night or beat his wife or fail drug tests.

I do not think he would start over JJ and would most likley suck even if willing to play on special teams.

:T2:

NO, would be a waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post

Joey Porter purposely stomped on Todd Heap's ankle. Not a push as you say. Todd Heap never fully recovered after that game. F Joey Porter. Id rather bring back AD or get my sister to be a LB for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

I don't want to see Porter eat a $$ roster spot.

Our questionable depth is not DE/LB, it is DE.

It has been a shining strength of our FO to unearth LBs.
    One year we got Haley, Jones, Barnes, Burgess... while not the greatest, 3 of the 4 are still contributing to the team. Last year was Ellerbe, the year before JMcClain.
    I want to see who they find this year and have room for him.

Another area that will need resolution is what happens with BA? Ellerbe took over his role after the injury and did well. Do we have room for both BA and Ellerbe? That gets badly squeezed if Porter is added, and we could miss on the next AD/Scott. He is just not worth it.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

If we can get him at the price of a situational pass rusher, definitely bring him on. If he is asking a starter salary I don't know. Might shy away from that deal....depends on his asking price.

He'll definately want starters money and the Ravens have no starting position to offer him. Besides the bad blood from his years in Pissburgh probably hasn't subsided with a number of Ravens players. The Ravens have more pressing areas of need in my opinion.