Rams pull out of UK 2013/14 commitment

Thought I'd stick it here as it doesn't necessarily pertain to the Ravens themselves:

"The Rams appeared set up as the de facto British farm team for the NFL, with games scheduled in 2012, 2013 and 2014. But that took a sudden and surprising change on Monday, with the team announcing it had bailed on the London commitment for 2013 and 2014.

St. Louis will still take its talents across the pond to face Tom Brady and the Patriots in the upcoming season, but want to "focus" on getting its stadium situation at home settled in the two years after that rathen than travel halfway across the world for a game.

"In an effort to focus on the Edward Jones Dome First Tier Process with the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission, the St. Louis Rams are withdrawing their commitment to play a home game in London in each of the 2013 and 2014 seasons," the Rams announced in a statement released by the team."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-2013-and-2014

Be interesting to see who will go for next year.

Re: Rams pull out of UK 2013/14 commitment

On the one hand, great news that we don't have to watch them get whomped two years in a row.

On the other hand, is it just me that senses trouble here? Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but don't know how well this bodes for the future of the Wembley games.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"