Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bart Scott's man crush on Rex Ryan

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...n_to_jets.html

Both are blowhards, so I guess they're two peas in a pod.

Re: Bart Scott's man crush on Rex Ryan

Understandable, given the loyalty Ryan has shown him and the back-to-back AFC Championship games he's coached him to.

I like Bart

I like Rex

If if it wasn't for the Saints

I would like the Jets.

Why the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Understandable, given the loyalty Ryan has shown him and the back-to-back AFC Championship games he's coached him to.
    So Rex gets all the credit for the ACFCC game appearance last year and none goes to Harbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I like Bart

I like Rex

If if it wasn't for the Saints

I would like the Jets.

Why the hate?
    I don't get it either. For years, these were our guys. I'm happy for their success.

Blog Entries

Ugh, this pisses me off to no end...

Look, the divorce with Rex Ryan is complete...He's got his own successes, we have our own successes. He took some players with him, he's got his team now. Why does Bart need to dredge up more crap by trying to insinuate there's people here who want to mutiny so they can go to Rex now?

Because he's Bart Scott...he needs to drum up controversy like his man crush, Coach Rex Ryan.

Look, I respect what Rex has done. I always thought Rex would be a good coach, and he's done as well as Harbaugh did. But you could have guys in New York equally say Brian Schottenheimer is a part of why they are there as well. Rex doesn't do jack for the offense, and they have the #1 rushing offense. You could easily say if Brian Schottenheimer went to be HC, Thomas Jones and a bunch of guys might follow HIM out of New York.

So Bart, thanks for the reminder of why I'm glad we kept Ray and not you. Have fun in New York, and go ahead and shoot your mouth off. Ellerbe looks like a promising guy to replace you, and soon enough, we'll get our chance to settle the scores when we face you in the regular season next year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    So Rex gets all the credit for the ACFCC game appearance last year and none goes to Harbs?

The question has nothing to do with Harbs. It's about why Bart Scott has a "man crush" on Rex Ryan.

Unless Harbaugh suddenly became a defensive coordinator or coach of the NYJets...:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    The question has nothing to do with Harbs. It's about why Bart Scott has a "man crush" on Rex Ryan.

Unless Harbaugh suddenly became a defensive coordinator or coach of the NYJets...:grbac:
    You mentioned the back to back AFCC games "Rex" coached Bart to. John Harbaugh was the Ravens coach last year who took Bart and the Ravens to the AFCC game, not Rex. I know Bart, Rex and a few select others think that Rex was the "real head coach" last year and the players only listened to him, and it'd just be nice if they finally shut up about it.

That's why I want the Jets to lose this weekend. I'm sick of the chicken littles in Baltimore who keep insisting we made a mistake not hiring Rex, and losing Bart and the future Hall of Famer Jim Leonhard.

I am beginning to be very tired, Rex is so overrated and Mike Nolan is so underrated.

Marvin Lewis created a defense, a great one.

Darkdays for Billick and Ozzie in the first half of 2002, when they had to pay a bill for 2000, and when Nolan became DC it was back to point zero, and then he created a great defense as well.

Rex never created a defense. It was already there! And they were suppose to have some great years! What happend mediocre 2005, very great 2006, terrible 2007 and pretty great 2008.. Like Mattisons 2009. Six of our starters is from the time before Rex.. Ray, Ed, Gregg, Edwards, Suggs and JJ! + Rabach, Kemo, AD, Weaver, C-Mac, Demps, Franklin and the two now Jets players Douglas and Scott is from the time before Rex. What is the product of Rex.. Ngata and landry.

Rex defense was Nolans, he played all the time with 8-11 Nolan players (+Ray, C-mac and to some degree the backups from Marvins era Gregg and AD).

What did Rex do with young players, almost nothing, two names the first roundpick Ngata and Landry and then Ozzie gave him two pro bowlers Rolle and Pryce.

The rest of the draftpicks and undrafted agents from Rexs period, seems to be backup players or bust. Obviously we have to wait and see with Barnes, Burgess, Gooden, Zib, McClain and Nakamura, and there migth be 1-2-3 starters there, it will not be Rex who gave them the opportunity. The fact is besides Ngata and Landry, Rex had almost no impact/fortune developing young players. My hopes for Kruger, Ellerbe and Webb is already more real.

Rex Ryan was a great DC, hardly the greatest here. And seems to have no clue what to do with the secondary, and except for the 2006 game against Peyton he always did worse than any other Ravens DC against Peyton.
    Last edited by elland; 01-22-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    You mentioned the back to back AFCC games "Rex" coached Bart to. John Harbaugh was the Ravens coach last year who took Bart and the Ravens to the AFCC game, not Rex. I know Bart, Rex and a few select others think that Rex was the "real head coach" last year and the players only listened to him, and it'd just be nice if they finally shut up about it.

That's why I want the Jets to lose this weekend. I'm sick of the chicken littles in Baltimore who keep insisting we made a mistake not hiring Rex, and losing Bart and the future Hall of Famer Jim Leonhard.
    Hey if you want to let it bother you, then by all means, have at it.

Personally, that's not my bag.

I was just providing a rationale behind the man crush.

they can both hold each other and cry tonight....season over for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    they can both hold each other and cry tonight....season over for the Jets.
    Didn't even notice Bart was out there today.

Never been able to say that about #52.