Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1 Down 59 More to Go..Bye Bye Healthcare Reform

[QUOTE=Galen Sevinne;198835]
    Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post

Rocky, your angry rants are maybe some of the best reading on this board post football season.

I work for myself, run my own business, one man show, paid my way through 10 years of postsecondary education with loans that are all paid back and worked, at times, three jobs while working on two different dissertations.

You have no clue about self-reliance or what you are talking about. You work for the man and you are told when to show up and what to do on a daily basis. You are not part of the free market and you rely on someone else's ideas and risks to pay your way.

Right...because your employer, whether you see it or not, skims it off the top of what your salary could be and pays that plus the additional 35% profit to the insurance corporations. You are a simply a tool in the system that falls for hokey terms like freedom, free markets, liberty etc. while corporate america continues to cash in million dollar bonuses while you get your measley 3% COLA --- if lucky.

Its spelled Dylan. Dillon? Chany? If you want to make silly little jokes at least learn how to spell the names of people my 4 year old son could spell correctly.
    You never cease to show your liberalness.

I provide a service to my company and I'm paid very well for it and yes I do know that part of what I could be paid is used for my benefits. But it would cost me two to three times that amount if I had to pay it on my own for the same coverage I have now. Have you ever heard of group rates? If my company goes under I simply find another job. I prefer to let someone else take the risk and get paid the millions and I don't have a problem with it. Unlike you and your party that thinks the government should tell someone that takes the risk how much money they can make. There are millions of people that make billions of dollars that don't take risk. Every major company has people and top levels that take no risk at all and they get paid millions. I could work my way up at my company and eventually take a high level managers position and bring home roughly $150,000 a year. But being a single parent that would require me to be away from home too much. I have one child in college and another in high school so I still have time before I can think about any career changes. I live very comfortably at my current salary so there's no rush to make more. But in time I will.

I don't want to say that I don't believe all those things you stated above but I don't believe it. Anyone that has your attitude towards the free market couldn't possibly have done everything you said you did. But if you did your the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen.

If I really cared about how Bob Dillon or Dick Chaney spelled their names I would have taken the time to look it up. But like you their names are not worth the effort.

When all else fails, go to spelling smack. Classic.

I'm also unsure if I buy G7's employment story. His posts reak of government emloyee and very much so oppose small business owner.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 02-26-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    When all else fails, go to spelling smack. Classic.

I'm also unsure if I buy G7's employment story. His posts reak of government emloyee and very much so oppose small business owner.
    Spelling smack? Rocky can't spell words that any person who actually reads just every once in a while will learn by simple osmosis. My point in pointing out his errors is that it shows he isn't a regular reader as there is no way someone who regularly reads newspapers, journals, even blogs is going to spell the VP of the U.S.'s name wrong. Therefore one can deduce that his opinions are coming from someplace other than his own study.

Quite similar to the rest of you guys that have no primary source materials for your opinions which shows your opinions are garnered only from someone else's opinion. This is fine for arguing as partisans but falls short of actually proving a point or changing the opinion of someone who disagrees and supports those claims with primary material.