Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 30313233 LastLast

Re: Game Thread - Playoffs-Round Two

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Once again Rice was our leading receiver in catches, and almost in yards.

Mark Clayton the playmaker, zero catches AGAIN.
    Well if Mason retires we need 2 good WRs. Clayton is a slot WR at best.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Once again Rice was our leading receiver in catches, and almost in yards.

Mark Clayton the playmaker, zero catches AGAIN.
    Yeah, Clayton does a better job at vanishing than a Vegas magician. I would've liked to have seen Tyree get thrown into the receiving mix every now and then, instead of strictly on ST. What's the worst he could do? Zero receptions, right? We already have that with Clayton.

3. Re: Game Thread - Playoffs-Round Two

Just got a text from UKRaven Stockers reminding me the last Raven to score a TD against Indy....

Troy Smith..... Yep.

Blog Entries

We really need to find consistency on offense...

1 - I think something needs to be done about Rice and fumbling. He's coughed it up a few times while trying to find his elusive hole.

2 - You can't have a great offense built on a running game if you can't make the passing game work once in awhile. We can only make it work against bad teams. We need to be halfway decent passing against good teams

3 - John Matsko...Watch all 18 games and figure out why our OL falls apart after 3 seconds. Then FIX IT!

A side note on the defense...

1 - Clarence Brooks. Get with Mattison and figure out why our DL can't get to a QB in 3 seconds...Actually, figure out why we can't get to them after 8 seconds, but then make sure we get to them BEFORE 4 seconds.

2 - Hire a ref consultant to work with our secondary. Focus on what is and is not pass interference/defensive holding/illegal hands. Secondary note, give Frank Walker to wrong directions to this meeting, lock the gates at the Castle, and make sure he LEAVES his playbook

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I'll probably be rooting for the Colts from here on out. Character goes a long way for me, Manning has it and there is no way in hell I'm rooting to Rivers. I hate that guy.
    Manning is a pussy after what I saw tonight. QBs make plays, they dont crumple in a fetal position when threatened.
    I hate everything the Colts have come to be. The white unis that dont seem to get dirty, the dome. It looks like some weird form of swedish football youd see on a TV at IKEA. I hate the steelers, but I respect the way they play the game.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

6. Re: Game Thread - Playoffs-Round Two

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    We really need to find consistency on offense...

1 - I think something needs to be done about Rice and fumbling. He's coughed it up a few times while trying to find his elusive hole.

2 - You can't have a great offense built on a running game if you can't make the passing game work once in awhile. We can only make it work against bad teams. We need to be halfway decent passing against good teams

3 - John Matsko...Watch all 18 games and figure out why our OL falls apart after 3 seconds. Then FIX IT!

A side note on the defense...

1 - Clarence Brooks. Get with Mattison and figure out why our DL can't get to a QB in 3 seconds...Actually, figure out why we can't get to them after 8 seconds, but then make sure we get to them BEFORE 4 seconds.

2 - Hire a ref consultant to work with our secondary. Focus on what is and is not pass interference/defensive holding/illegal hands. Secondary note, give Frank Walker to wrong directions to this meeting, lock the gates at the Castle, and make sure he LEAVES his playbook
    I've screamed at Walker all year - minus the past two games.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Just got a text from UKRaven Stockers reminding me the last Raven to score a TD against Indy....

Troy Smith..... Yep.
    I just threw up in my mouth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Well if Mason retires we need 2 good WRs. Clayton is a slot WR at best.
    If we can get ONE DECENT WR in the draft...I can be ok with a WR corps of Clayton, DWil, Kelley Washington, drafted WR, Marcus Smith, and Harper/Riley. We could really benefit from a #1 WR, but we've had good success without one before. Kelley was a hell of a WR this year, and DWil continues to show flashes without the consistency.

That said, I'd still love to get Marshall for a 1st.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    I've screamed at Walker all year - minus the past two games.
    I've defended Frank Walker all year. He fills a specific role for us. But let's face it, he's not a fast enough guy to cover decent speed WRs...so he HAS to resort to questionable coverage. We need to replace him with a physical WR who CAN run with those WRs. Then we won't need arm bars or shoving to slow them down to Walker's speed.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

I can be ok with a WR corps of Clayton, DWil, Kelley Washington, drafted WR, Marcus Smith, and Harper/Riley.
    Not me. That is basically what we have now without Mason's catches.

Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson. Anyone at this point.

If we can get ONE DECENT WR in the draft...I can be ok with a WR corps of Clayton, DWil, Kelley Washington, drafted WR, Marcus Smith, and Harper/Riley. We could really benefit from a #1 WR, but we've had good success without one before. Kelley was a hell of a WR this year, and DWil continues to show flashes without the consistency.

I'd be OK with it too. I just wanna know which painkiller I should choose to which to become addicted. Factors include:

Cost.
    Risk
    Cost/probability of success for rehab

Am I missing any others?

Thanks,

BS

Blog Entries

Not me. That is basically what we have now without Mason's catches.

Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson. Anyone at this point.
    A lot of that has been playcalling though. How often is Kelley Washington and DWil on the field? Just on 3rd downs...I think we suffer a big hit with Mason gone, but we also need to develop a young guy with Flacco. And let's face it, trading for a Marshall, Bowe, Jackson, whoever is not going to be easy, and that's not even considering the contract they'd command shortly after coming here.

Not EVERY player trade works out the same way they played before. Just look at Cutler going from Denver to Chicago. Imagine we trade for Marshall, who turns into a slightly better version of Mark Clayton here. We're now out a first for a bust WR.