Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Would you take AD back?

There's a possibility this off-season that the Pats cut Adalius loose. We need a pass rusher, and we know he can be effective here. Like all Balt LBs, he hasn't played to the level elsewhere. When he took that deal, I remember he took a lot less than he could have gotten because he wanted to play for a winner and play well and play out his contract. i.e. He's not just a highest bidder guy.

Could easily be that he'd want to come back here in the off-season. Would you guys want him back?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Re: Would you take AD back?

probably not. I'm afraid he'd take a younger guy's roster spot (Barnes, Jameel MacLain); don't know how much is left in his tank; and most of all, how much $?
    if he was willing to be a role player for a low salary; and his attitude hasn't looked very positive here lately...
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Meh.

I think the fat ass in New York will probably break the bank to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    There's a possibility this off-season that the Pats cut Adalius loose. We need a pass rusher, and we know he can be effective here. Like all Balt LBs, he hasn't played to the level elsewhere. When he took that deal, I remember he took a lot less than he could have gotten because he wanted to play for a winner and play well and play out his contract. i.e. He's not just a highest bidder guy.

Could easily be that he'd want to come back here in the off-season. Would you guys want him back?

- C -
    I guess there is always the right price and if he agrees to it then he could probably help out the team next year.

The last three years in New England, he has been pedestrian at best. He averaged less than 50 tackles a season, averaged less than 5 sacks a season and had a whopping one interception in the entire past three seasons. Add on top of that questions about his attitude, willingness and character that put him on the healthy inactives twice this season...and don't forget his spouting off at the mouth against the Ravens as soon as he crossed the Mass. state boundry.

His best seasons were 4 and 5 years ago -2005 and 2006 and being close to 33 years old, I wouldn't be knocking down the door to get to AD.

I wouldn't want him back. Combination of his age, his attitude, and the belief he's just not the pass rusher he once was. I have to believe there are better options to improve the pass rush.

6. Re: Would you take AD back?

I'm not totally against it, but where would he play? You wouldn't put him in over Suggs or JJ, and probably not Barnes or McClain either.

We need help with the pass rush, but not from the LB position. We need help from the downed linemen, and Adalius wouldn't help in that regard.

Yeah, I'm thinking DE should be a high priority for next year. Not sure what's out there draft-wise, but we need a top-flight DE to help the pass rush. Such an acquisition would also boost our linebacker play.

8. Re: Would you take AD back?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking DE should be a high priority for next year. Not sure what's out there draft-wise, but we need a top-flight DE to help the pass rush. Such an acquisition would also boost our linebacker play.
    Pryce and Edwards will both be back most likely to play the DE position. It would be nice to have a defensive lineman to train under those guys before being put into a major role on the D.

Perhaps, this is what Kruger was drafted for. If not, we need to draft somebody out of Dunlap (Florida), Graham (Michigan), Williams (Tennessee), Odrick (Penn State), or Griffen (USC).

Blog Entries

I think the bad blood between him and Ray Lewis alone is enough reason to think twice before even considering it. Apparently, they're STILL not on speaking terms.

Blog Entries

He was a great "find" back in the day, but I doubt he'd return value-for-money these days. He's not gonna play for 6th round draft pick money again, I know that.

The only "hook" if there even is one, is he's a former Raven. Aside of that I don't think we'd even be mentioning his name. Probably not the kind of "wise veteran presence" you want at his age.

He's not a leader a la Bruschi, Seau, etc. as far as I know, and I have never heard anyone particularly describe him as an astute student of the game, which again at his age, he'd basically have to be to be worth the likely price tag. In fact, I really haven't heard anyone (other than Raven fans on message boards) describe any aspect of his play or his character the last couple years, good or bad, which suggests to me he's just an ordinary player that nobody is really interested in anymore.

Baltimore_Hokie:

Pryce and Edwards may be back, but Pryce is 34 and I think we need more pass rush from that spot. I'll agree Trevor could be a valuable mentor for a young player in 2010.

As for Kruger, I'm not sure what the Ravens have in mind for him. I can only assume that he hasn't impressed the coaches sufficiently. If they don't consider him front line material in the DE spot, then I still think we have a glaring need there.

Still don't see Thomas coming back here.

I think we already got the best years out of AD. I agree that we need a better pass rush, but I don't think we will get it from him anyway.
    Boh