Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wink Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

I'm up for it, provided there's no Midwest blizzard to contend with. Dome stadium will keep out the elements

A quick check at Southwest's revised web-site: no seats available outbound. (However, I don't cope well with web-site "improvements", and may be misreading it). Air Tran to Dayton (2+ hour drive to Indianoplace) for $220 r/t, but that may go up to $300 after midnight. I'll check other airlines tomorow -- sometimes Delta has real cheap weekend deals into Cincy.

Or several of us pile into a car for the 600 mile, 10 driving marathon. leaving Saturday morning before dawn.

Anyone going?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

Got a group of 8 of us driving up there. Leaving Saturday 4 or 5am. Flights didn't look promising so were making the roadtrip! Cant wait! Beat Indy!!!

Its so tempting. Only 100 bucks for tickets? Damn. Crapass Indy fans. I'm so broke, though..

Screw it, I'm going. Got my roommate in and we're gonna drive over. Tailgating??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Its so tempting. Only 100 bucks for tickets? Damn. Crapass Indy fans. I'm so broke, though..
    I have been very surprised at how cheap playoff tickets have been this season. im thinking maybe the NFL didnt mark up the face value as much as in years past due to the economy. maybe thats why the secondary market is low

T - Let me know what you come up with. I may be up for it. I would have to be back Sunday night, that's the only thing. I went to the new stadium last year. Nice place and their fans are pretty tame. I think we have a real shot of winning this game this year.

Wink Re: Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

Sephy: Definitely up for tailgating, subject to the weather. If not, We can party in a hotel room, hopefully one of the downtown hotels within walking distance to the stadium. I haven't been to the new stadium yet, but one could walk from the hotel to the old stadium in weather protected walkways.

PP: I'm looking into different options today, and, so far, driving may be the best option. Especially renting a full-sized car from Enterprise @ $25/day, putting the miles on someone else's vehicle.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Wink Re: Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

Uh-oh! Bad new on flights and weather:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/busi...p_indiana.html

Well, Ravens fans sure reacted quickly. I checked flights to Indianapolis last night and Southwest looked sold out for Fri-Sat-Sun. Monday was picked clean, too. AirTran had a few more options for return flights on Sunday, but Saturday had just one available flight.

...... It's a 600-mile drive to Indianapolis - and the forecast is calling for snow.

We may want to wait a couple days before investing -- MidWest snowstorms can be brutal.

Eh, we got em last night already. Up over 10 bucks on Stubhub since I last checked. Wasn't gonna wait and get priced out.

I don't know what snow they are talking about. I have checked Indy and Columbus (Only major city you will pass on they way) and snow is out of the picture.

I am pulling it together and looking at staying about 6-10 miles outside Indy. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    I don't know what snow they are talking about. I have checked Indy and Columbus (Only major city you will pass on they way) and snow is out of the picture.

I am pulling it together and looking at staying about 6-10 miles outside Indy. Should be fun.
    It is a bit early to get an accurate prediction on snow especially from the mainstream guys.

Marguisty from accuweather has on his blog:

3. The storm this weekend is the same storm we looked at a while ago where the 300 hour GFS was showing a storm. While the jury is still out on the snow, you can see by the maps below that the snow area is across the South. My take on this type of storm which is different from the ones we have seen is that the energy comes into the West Coast around San Francisco, which means the energy should exit to the East Coast around Norfolk. With that said, we should see the snow area from Oklahoma to Virginia as a preliminary look.

Foote has:

Saturday may even be "calm." Enjoy the tranquility while it lasts: A winter storm is looming for late in the weekend.

and the following map;

Over-sized picture removed

If I was driving out there, I would night-raid it out Friday night and be sure I could come home Monday if need be.
    Last edited by Greg; 01-12-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Please be careful about pictures you put in, if they cause left-right scrolling please downsize or remove.

Well looking at the maps (if I am reading them correct), the midwest should be just fine come this weekend. So as long as I leave friday, I should be fine. Coming back might be a bit fun but I think we should be ok. It looks like the weather will be hitting the Maryland area.

Let me know if I am reading this correctly?