Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. If I see one of our guys try to tackle Ben up high

I'm going to throw a chair through the TV! We need to tackle him low like Cleveland did...Every time they got below his knees he goes down! And quickly if you get a hold of his ankles.

Re: If I see one of our guys try to tackle Ben up high

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I'm going to throw a chair through the TV! We need to tackle him low like Cleveland did...Every time they got below his knees he goes down! And quickly if you get a hold of his ankles.
    Right... because there's NO WAY they'll throw the Brady flag on us for that sort of thing.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

You gott hit him from the hips to his ribs, and break down into the tackle.

If I see one more of our guys run through where he was because they lost body control and he side-stepped I'll scream.

Blog Entries

If I see Corey Ivy take Big Ben's head off, he gets a free pass the rest of the year in my book.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Key is not to over pursue. Hit him between the thighs and mid section and for the love of God wrap up. Arm tackles are not going to bring down Ben.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

i fully agree but sometimes high is the only thing available. def dont over pursue. All that hard pump fake shit should give the rush some time to come off the gas a bit n make the play. but guys really ......they know this, we know this ...... here we go again

A hit up high is the only option these days in the No Fun League.

Dade is right though. The Browns held their lanes, not allowing him to scramble and brought him down.

We do the same, combined with solid cover 2 we will do fine. They are more worried about us than we are of them.

Blog Entries

Grab his arm, don't let go. Slow down the approach, but just make sure you grab him, wrap him up, and don't let go.

And PLEASE let's not fall for the play action!!! The Steelers are NOT a running team. They CANNOT run the ball, they haven't been able to run the ball for a long time now. All they can do is max-protect pass and 2-minute drill. Let 'em play fake all they want.

Blog Entries

when the browns played the steelers the reason they got so many sacks was bc ben was afraid to take hits and as soon as he was touched he went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Key is not to over pursue. Hit him between the thighs and mid section and for the love of God wrap up. Arm tackles are not going to bring down Ben.
    Bingo. I would love to see Ben get leveled, but how many times have players over pursued him trying to get that big hit only to have Ben side step, scramble, and make a pass down field. Wrap him up and just get him down please.

you just
    you just gotta hit his big ass
    :D ;) :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    [B] I'm going to throw a chair through the TV! We need to tackle him low like Cleveland did...Every time they got below his knees he goes down! And quickly if you get a hold of his ankles.[/B]
    Your preferred hit is illegal, as in 15 yards illegal.