Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Ravens can clinch this week???

If we clinch a spot (but not a particular seed) after beating pitt, does it make any sense to rest starters in week 17?

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens can clinch this week???

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    It's laughable that you are even thinking about that. That's not even being optimistic. It's downright complacent, if not worse.

The Ravens are no lock for the playoffs right now. Sure, they hold the cards, but the Steelers can take those cards away and it's their house rules on Sunday.

Amazing how blinding a couple wins over chumps will do. If we beat the Steelers on Sunday, and the Bengals actually lose to Kansas City AT HOME, then it's reasonable to think about that. Not now...
    Ummm, his first two cares were that we win against the Steelers and Oakland...so he's not being blind, he said we need to win both, THEN hope Cincy loses twice so we could get the division title.

I think it's laughable to consider that situation, but certainly I wouldn't mind if that happened. I think it'd be hilarious and ridiculous that the Bengals SWEPT the division, but didn't get the Division Title.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think it'd be hilarious and ridiculous that the Bengals SWEPT the division, but didn't get the Division Title.
    That would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think it's laughable to consider that situation, but certainly I wouldn't mind if that happened. I think it'd be hilarious and ridiculous that the Bengals SWEPT the division, but didn't get the Division Title.
    I don't see Cincy losing to K.C. but witht he way this season has gone, you never really know. You bring up an interesting point though. I wonder if a team has ever swept their division opponents but didn't win the actual Division? That would be a good trivia question.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I don't see Cincy losing to K.C. but witht he way this season has gone, you never really know. You bring up an interesting point though. I wonder if a team has ever swept their division opponents but didn't win the actual Division? That would be a good trivia question.
    I'm pretty sure it has never happened, and if I remember correctly every time a team has swept it's division they have also made it to the Super Bowl.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

6. Re: Ravens can clinch this week???

Was about to make my post saying that we should in no way expect the Bengals to lose to KC at home, who couldn't get the job done yesterday at home against the Browns. Of course while looking this up, I saw that they're actually a better team on the road than at Arrowhead for some reason. 2-4 on the road while 1-7 at home??? Oh yeah their only home win ALL YEAR was vs. Pittsburgh

So maybe the Bungles will pull off this '78-Red Sox-like collapse (perhaps all the way from a potential 2 seed to out of the playoffs, although with the other potential WC teams fumbling down the stretch also, perhaps they'll get a WC at 9-7). Of course they can only lose the division if WE win out, so let's do our part.