Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs!?!?!?

Playoffs!?!?!?

I know it was only the Lions, but I think this will give us the motivation we need. I like our chances at this point. With the Squeelers in a downward spiral I can see us winning out. Thankfully Jacksonville and Denver lost.

Glad to see Suggs back. Let's hope Reed returns next week (although Zibby looks did a great job).

Payoffs? You wanna talk about playoffs???
    Boh

Re: Playoffs!?!?!?

Yes, this was certainly a good day for the Ravens' playoffs hopes. Considering Jacksonville's schedule (IND, @NE, @CLE), I think it's safe to say that they'll lose at least 1 more game. So realistically speaking, we seem to have our own fate in our own hands again. Denver might also lose another one (OAK, @PHL, KC), so if they lose one more, we're in. (Provided that we win our last 3, of course).

Edited to add: Today's Ravens' win puts Pittsburgh in an even worse position to make the playoffs. Even if they beat us, which is obviously our toughest game left, they still need us to lose one of the other two games.

Bears are no Lions, but they are flat out not good either. Put some pressure on Cutler, and they will crumble easily. No reason we shouldn't be 8-6 and heading to Pittsburgh in the driver's seat for the WC.

Yeah, PLAYOFFS!!!

Maybe this is the time for our guys to peak. Notice that there were fewer Ravens penalties today. I seem to recall that most of our penalties came early, then they kinda settled down.

I also think we can beat Pitt out there. They are down baby down!!!

Blackbirds should be up. C'mon Chicago. We'll kick yer arses in B'more..

One other thing. Defese should be up. They spent little time on the field today...

We kicked some major ass today, but I'm not ready to crown us 5th or 6th seed just yet.

We are sitting in the pack with the Jets, Dolphins, Jaguars, and with Denver's win they come a game closer to us.

We need to win out, but we still don't control our own destiny. Other teams have to lose first.

Once Jacksonville is in our rear view mirror, then I'll relax.

We did what we needed to do today, pistol whip a team that couldn't stop us from scoring even when we weren't trying to score. We need to pistol whip the Bears as well.

I'm not as excited about Suggs being back. I honestly think Kruger is better. I was paying very close attention to Suggs today. He was a total non factor. Many times he was just standing around on an island in some random part of the field and nowhere near any Lion's offensive players. It would be nice to get Reed back, but Zibbs has filled in nicely. D-Will looks pretty good and so does Barnes. That has me questioning the "doghouse" even more.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    and with Denver's win ...
    You had me very, very confused for a second.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Sorry, meant Denver's Loss

[QUOTE=Purpleguy;184824]
    I'm not as excited about Suggs being back. I honestly think Kruger is better. QUOTE]

You sir, are NUTS

10. Re: Playoffs!?!?!?

The P word? Why not!

We just need to keep winning, if we win out then somebody else is bound to lose and we'll be good to go.

11. The P word

Roughly around this point last year I banned myself from using the P word ala Billick in 2000 and it worked. So I'm going to do it again. If anyone catches me using it, call me out. :celery

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    We did what we needed to do today, pistol whip a team that couldn't stop us from scoring even when we weren't trying to score. We need to pistol whip the Bears as well.

I'm not as excited about Suggs being back. I honestly think Kruger is better. I was paying very close attention to Suggs today. He was a total non factor. Many times he was just standing around on an island in some random part of the field and nowhere near any Lion's offensive players. It would be nice to get Reed back, but Zibbs has filled in nicely. D-Will looks pretty good and so does Barnes. That has me questioning the "doghouse" even more.

Suggs has been a non-factor all year, but I can't say Kruger is better. He has only been starting a few games. I will say that JJ is better (in my opinion). I like having Suggs, but we overpaid for him. If had had gone to another team he wouldn't be half as good as he has been here (like Hartwell, AD, Scott, etc.)

The hell with the "doghouse". D-Will looked great today. Put the best players out there.

Also, I know there has been some Heap bashing, but I for one think he has played hard this season. He has taken some beatings and he gets right back in the game. Yes he dropped a pass that would have been a TD last week, but he made up for it this week. He has a done a great job this season IMO.
    Boh