Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Just meant even with the weather I didn't expect as many empty seats at M&T as there was. There wasn't alot, just a few more than expected.
    The crowd was pathetic. I don't know how it sounded on TV but hardly anyone was making noise on defense. Half the crowd left at halftime.

It was cold, wet and miserable, but damn fun to watch us put up 48 points.

The Bmore fair weather fans strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    The crowd was pathetic. I don't know how it sounded on TV but hardly anyone was making noise on defense. Half the crowd left at halftime.

It was cold, wet and miserable, but damn fun to watch us put up 48 points.

The Bmore fair weather fans strike again.
    Yeah there was hardly any nosie on Defense. M&T didn't have its usual atmosphere.

Damn right about the game fun to watch, at lesat for Ravens fans.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I'm tired of the "fair weather fan" bullshit.

I made a "game-time" decision not to go because of multiple factors. And I'm assuming there were reasons for people not to be out and about today.

Don't lump everyone together.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm tired of the "fair weather fan" bullshit.

I made a "game-time" decision not to go because of multiple factors. And I'm assuming there were reasons for people not to be out and about today.

Don't lump everyone together.
    :word

If you pony up the cash for tickets, who am I (or anyone else) to criticize what you do with your ticket, especially with what was one of the worst weather games I can recall.

Blog Entries

My co-worker texted me this morning offering up free tickets, but I didn't see it until noon and I live out in Westminster...

If I'd seen it earlier today, I would've tried to go. And by tried, I mean I would've called in every favor I had with my wife to get her to let me out of putting up the tree today. Yeah, the rain would've sucked, but if I had the chance, I'd be in those stands any day of the week.

My best game experience is still the NE Monday night game a couple years ago. Went with a former co-worker, froze our asses off, screamed our voices out, pounded the crap out of the railing where we were sitting so my hands ached for a week. It was so worth it, even when we lost.

That said, I wouldn't call someone a fair weather fan without hearing their reasoning behind it. There are plenty of good reasons why you might have to miss a game.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

6. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Lions

I was soaked and left when the score hit 41-3. :respect I'm ok with leaving if we are blowing a team out, but I generally won't leave if we're losing, no matter how big the margin is (if not for this policy I'd have missed the big Seattle comeback). The Lions D totally quit on the 2nd half; so did I.

On a gameday with weather like that, I can't blame anyone who decided to not come. That was the worst gameday weather I've experinced, and I've been to a couple of NE snowday games.

I have no doubt that if it was the Steelers instead of the Lions the house would've been sold out.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I have no doubt that if it was the Steelers instead of the Lions the house would've been sold out.
    Nah, you'd see a lot of Yinzers because the fair weather Baltimorons would sell to the highest bidders.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Nah, you'd see a lot of Yinzers because the fair weather Baltimorons would sell to the highest bidders.
    If history is any judge, there were barley any Yinzerz at the game on Dec 30th, 2007.

Night game with rain and wind chills into the single digits. The game was meaningless, IIRC. Yet, very few black and yellow towels to be seen.

I think Dade is right. Stadium was pretty full come game time. Once it was an obvious blowout, people opted for dryer conditions. Can't say I blame them.