Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Harbaugh Calling Out the Defense??

I didn't hear his press confrence but if this isn't taken out of context then I seriously doubt this mans ability to be a Head Coach.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ens+Insider%29

Re: Harbaugh Calling Out the Defense??

Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    I didn't hear his press confrence but if this isn't taken out of context then I seriously doubt this mans ability to be a Head Coach.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ens+Insider%29
    What did he say wrong? The defense did suck in the redzone.. Finley kept finding it..

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    What did he say wrong? The defense did suck in the redzone.. Finley kept finding it..
    The defense was the bright spot last night, they held the Packers to 17 points most of the game. The offense turned the ball over 4 times and kept the defense on the field most of the game. Like I said I don't know if that was taking out of context but it sounded to me like he was putting the loss on the defense which in my opinion did the best they could under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    The defense was the bright spot last night, they held the Packers to 17 points most of the game. The offense turned the ball over 4 times and kept the defense on the field most of the game. Like I said I don't know if that was taking out of context but it sounded to me like he was putting the loss on the defense which in my opinion did the best they could under the circumstances.
    I see what your saying.. But I really don't think he was blaming the defense for the lost..

As for the defense being a bright spot.. If your referring to a key-chain flashlight type of light, then yeah I agree...

Twice Rodgers threw to a receiver short of the goalline, twice Ravens players were in position to tackle the receiver short of the goalline, twice the receiver scored.

For 2 years now Ed Reed has been an unwilling tackler. But has anyone noticed where Reed has thrown caution to the wind and hit? When he is defending the goalline. (Chopping Brandon Jacobs in 08, Tom Santi (Colts TE) this year to name two)

By my unofficial count - in 5 redzone trips, Green Bay score 3 TDs and kicked 2 FGs (1 missed). Better tackling may have made that 1 TD 4 FGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    For 2 years now Ed Reed has been an unwilling tackler. But has anyone noticed where Reed has thrown caution to the wind and hit? When he is defending the goalline. (Chopping Brandon Jacobs in 08, Tom Santi (Colts TE) this year to name two)
    You do realize Ed Reed didn't play, don't you?

I am so sick and tired of hearing who's fault it is. Look you win as a team and you lose as a team. Harbaugh is right our defense has to make a stand in the redzone. Finley was killing our linebackers, because he is faster then out linebackers. Were was Gooden, I thought he was so fast. The defense kept us in the game Monday night.
    Last edited by Endzone 84; 12-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    Lovin me some section 543

Quote Originally Posted by Endzone 84 View Post
    I am so sick and tired of hearing who's fault it is. Look you win as a team and you lose as a team. Harbaugh is right our defense has to make a stand in the redzone. Finley was killing our linebackers, because he is faster then out linebackers. Were was Gooden, I thought he was so fast. The defense kept us in the game Monday night.
    Good points!!!

I am really starting to doubt our ENTIRE coaching staff because we never seem repared to play and we play very flat whch is not like us and game calling decisions are just as bad and yes players need to execute but coach's need to but our team and it's best players in spots to help this team win games like using the FB at the goalline!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    You do realize Ed Reed didn't play, don't you?
    My point was that good defenses, and great defensive players, know the importance of tackling to defend the endzone.

Our defense in Green Bay twice had to opportunity to prevent TDs, but bad tackling failed us.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoer View Post
    Good points!!!

I am really starting to doubt our ENTIRE coaching staff because we never seem repared to play and we play very flat whch is not like us and game calling decisions are just as bad and yes players need to execute but coach's need to but our team and it's best players in spots to help this team win games like using the FB at the goalline!!!
    I know now twice this year on goal line McGahee was suppose to run up the middle but choose to run to the outside. I don't understand why he choose to cut to the outside with Ngata in there. It's just bad all around, but there is NO WAY in hell I am jumping ship on this team. If we make it to the playoffs fine, if not no big deal.
    Lovin me some section 543

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    My point was that good defenses, and great defensive players, know the importance of tackling to defend the endzone.

Our defense in Green Bay twice had to opportunity to prevent TDs, but bad tackling failed us.
    See the Foxworth "tackle" where he basically juked himself to allow the TD.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

The defense played poorly, but not so poorly that we shouldn't have won that game. That was a team loss, with Flacco being the main culprit.