Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545556

Re: Packers Game Thread

Btw, when was the last time you saw this team actually want to kick some derrier?! I have not seen any passion in a long, long, long time!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So should we bench Ray Lewis for the 15 yard facemask penalty that kept the Packers drive alive?

Should we bench Webb because he committed a PI penalty?

If you are playing to win the game, you don't bench Joe until he's playing so badly that no amount of help his teammates give him can save his performance. When the OL played well and receivers got open, Joe began to get into his rhythm. He made some big mistakes at the end, and he needs to correct that, but he's also just a 2nd year QB. This isn't a guy like Rodgers who had 3-4 years to learn under a master class QB, then get out and work his own brand of magic.

I get what you are saying, but I don't think "temporary benching" is the management style that will fix this team.
    I agree 100%!

Blog Entries

Exactly...that's just why I can't see putting Troy Smith in to finish the game as a worthwhile move.

The only change we make there is going from our best QB to an athletic, different style QB. The receivers are still struggling to get seperation, the OL still sucks, and your OC is still calling shitty plays.

It does nothing except cause controversy.

But, neither of us are the head coach, so there you have it.

4. Re: Packers Game Thread

Not that anyone cares, but I had Rodgers on my FB24x7 fantasy team. He scored 27.5 points which was a big enough cut into the margin to make me lose by less than 2 points overall. Now from a 7-2 record my FF team has shat itself to four straight losses and either will miss the playoffs or get in as the lowest seed. If the Ravens had played a better game (esp. if they had a lead) Rodgers would've thrown more and gotten me the win here. But I guess it figures along with everything else tonight. :grbac:

Angry Re: Packers Game Thread

The biggest issue on this team is that it is rapidly regressing since the bye-week. Good teams are getting better, like the Packers. Even marginal teams, like the Dolphins are getting better and pulling upsets. For some reason since the break the Ravens have been unable to put together 4 good qtrs.

Face it, this team has lots of holes and needs some big changes.

Here's a list to start:

1. Find a pass rush
    2. Find a shutdown CB that knows how to make a f-ing tackle
    3. Get a legit #1 WR...like a Vincent Jackson
    4. Get a TE that can catch a ball that is not perfectly thrown

I'm so done w/ Todd Heap and Mark Clayton

FM