Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

Looking at Rex Grossman fumble and bumble around makes me think of Kyle Boller. For every one good/great pass there are five or six piss poor passes.

Yeah, you'll say "well Grossman was good enough to get the Bears to the Super Bowl." So what? With the great defense and great special teams, I could have QB the Bears to the Super Bowl. Grossman, however, lacks that intelligence to take the Bears all the way. I guarantee that the Bears don't sniff the playoffs next year.

Getting back to Boller, you want to know why Boller is not the answer? In addition to looking at the many Boller specials over the past four seasons, look at Boller's brother, Rex Grossman.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

Yeah, but Grossman takes shots down the field. Grossman makes the Bears a more "explosive" offense.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

Better play calling and Boller will be a good starter
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Boller is better than Grossman.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    Yeah, but Grossman takes shots down the field. Grossman makes the Bears a more "explosive" offense.
    When? The guy had game passing for as low as 36 yards. The Bears were explosive because of a defense that can score and a strong return man that could get 7 with a touch of the ball. The Bears offense was not as explosive this season as it appeared. This game shows that.

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Boller is better than Grossman.
    Agreed!!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    When? The guy had game passing for as low as 36 yards. The Bears were explosive because of a defense that can score and a strong return man that could get 7 with a touch of the ball. The Bears offense was not as explosive this season as it appeared. This game shows that.

Uh, yeah, I forgot the ...
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    Uh, yeah, I forgot the ...

Got ya.

What does Grossman have to do with Boller? Any reason to take a shot at Kyle I guess?!?! I didn't here you say we should start Boller after watching a young Roethlisburger win the Super Bowl? What's the difference?
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

10. Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

This is foolish. Boller was never inconsistent like Grossman. Boller just has come on of late, he has never regressed. Grossman has been good and bad, good and bad......

Copied from the QB debate forum, clearly I should have posted here instead:

People following this thread will remember (I hope) I have always said McNair should be the starter and *will* be the starter. A person arguing to the contrary is like the dog barking out the window at the passing postman. Barking does not change the reality outside the dog's house.

'Nuff said about that.

Concerning Grossman - he will never be as good as Kyle Boller is now. Boller has a few decent qualities and one of them is that he's *tough*. He will slip and fall on his rear end but he is capable on the next play of delivering a perfect spiral down the field to his man. He does not get rattled, and Rex Grossman over the course of this season and this past week, and this game tonight, looks like a head case. One or two bad breaks and Grossman is worthless the rest of the game.

They are both strong armed. Give my team the one who is strong willed.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    What does Grossman have to do with Boller? Any reason to take a shot at Kyle I guess?!?! I didn't here you say we should start Boller after watching a young Roethlisburger win the Super Bowl? What's the difference?

Exactly. It doesn't take much for someone to grab an opportunity to unload on Boller and try to diminish him. Grossman is Grossman and Boller is Boller. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. Particularly after a year of being able to learn from a veteran like McNair, why assume that Boller will never improve?