Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Confirmation on New HD Video Boards

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Class war still exists as those who have mock those who don't.
    Really? REALLY?!?! You think not having escalators to get you to your seats at a football game is evidence of class war?

:grbac:
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BUDDAROW View Post
    Jeeze.....I guess my now $90. seats are on the fast track to $100. or above
    The stated policy of the team is to raise prices every other year.

We had a price increase for this season and a good portion of that increase was for the scoreboards.

Since we just had a price increase, it wont happen again until after next season.

I thought for sure the State was paying for the scoreboards like they do everything else. They shouldn't need to raise ticket prices for that.

I'm with T on this one, a dome in the city would allow for Final 4s, concerts, College football bowl games and perhaps NBA basketball. I love the idea of a dome, but we will never get one because M&T is built for the long run. You don't have to practice misery, you get enough on a daily basis.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Why, when we are so much more technologically advanced today, should quality of play be impacted by rain, snow, wind, or cold? And, in particular, fan comfort?

Why, when we are so much more technologically advanced today, should quality of viewing be impacted by non-HD screens? ;)

RE: domes - screw 'em. Being in the weather is part of what makes being at the game special. If I want to sit in an artificial environment I'll sit on my couch.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I thought for sure the State was paying for the scoreboards like they do everything else. They shouldn't need to raise ticket prices for that.
    Nope.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...-ticket-prices

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Maybe... but if this thread is indicative of the typical fan base response, then it would indicate that most people are excited about the new boards and could care less about the lack of escalators.
    I would rather have escalators and I am not nearly as passionate about it as T.

The TV boards are mostly used for commercials and when ever something interesting is up there 1/2 to 2/3 of the screen is a commercial. Thus, those boards mean little to me.

If I had my choice I would want more bathrooms in the upper deck, then escalators, before upgrading the boards.
    Last edited by Greg; 12-06-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I would rather have escalators and I am not nearly as passionate about it as T.

The TV boards are mostly used for commercials and when ever something interesting is up there 1/2 to 2/3 of the screen is a commercial. Thus, those boards mean little to me.

If I had my choice I would want more bathrooms in the upper deck, then escalators, before upgrading the boards.
    Exactly...we don't need more AirTran commercials in HD.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Like I said earlier, I don't often attend games anymore, but before I got married I used to go constantly. I was in the top row up in the corner during the first playoff game of our Superbowl run against the Broncos and I don't know if I've ever been that cold since... the wind! I've been to games where I was soaked to the bone by the time pregame ended, and I've been to snow games.

I love that football games can't be rained out, winded out, or snowed out. (They can be hurricaned out and lightninged out... but a dome doesn't really prevent either of those things anyway.) I think football is at its best when its cold, muddy, wet, and nature is as much an enemy as the other team. I disdain the NFL's refusal to play a cold weather Super Bowl.

Do most people agree with me? Obviously not, heck the players probably don't... but I can honestly say that I wouldn't argue with Pissburgh fans who'd call us soft if we moved to a domed field.
    thumbup::hammer: