Jamal Lewis this year

How many of you think Jamal Lewis will be able to help this team this year ? It seems that his injury won't go away. I'm starting to wonder how much power running he will be able to do this year.

Re: Jamal Lewis this year

I think he'll be OK. He doesn't seem overly concerned and I suspect the team are listing him as questionable as a) the injury exists so they can but b) it's not a prohibitive one and listing him questionable keeps the Bucs a little off balance going into Sunday.

At least I HOPE that's the case. I think Jamal is going to have a great season and his attitude (compared to the quiet, sullen Jamal this time last year) and the few bursts he showed in pre-season gives me great hope.

On a selfish note, I'm also starting him in my fantasy team this weekend, so he had better damn well perform!

I think Jamal's biggest prob this year will be having Musa Smith and Mike Anderson taking carries. traditionally a lot of NFLrs think it's better to ride one horse, letting him get into a rhythm. RB by committee can work (see Broncos, Denver). If Jamal was 100% I think he'd get 80% of the carries, but if he's hurt even a bit, here comes the committee.
    barring another injury, I see Musa taking the ball and keeping it. Next year Jamal could be elsewhere (Denver? God forbid, Pigsburgh?)

If he can stay healthy of course he will help. It is a really nice situation IMO to not have to depend solely on him. He has been injured quite a bit in the past and his attitude, while good now, could change in a hurry if things aren't going to his liking. Just gotta hope everyone stays healthy and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam
    Next year Jamal could be elsewhere (Denver? God forbid, Pigsburgh?)
    Jamal will not be in Pittsburgh. They'd shy away from him because of his character issues in the past since they think they are the high and mighty moral team. Plus they just signed Willie Parker to an extension.

I believe you will see Jamal at 100% on Sunday. I'm not worried in the slightest.

Jamal has never been a power runner. His "power" running is from his size. That, IMO won't be affected. What Jamal has been is a Big runner with speed. That, IMO, is what has and may continue to be affected most. Unless the coaching staff get bullheaded again, I think we'll allow Jamal to get healthy and he'll be fine. In the interim, Musa is a great runner until he gets hurt and MA will get better with increased carries. This season is the polar opposite of 2001.