1. Holding call on Haloti Ngata

This was a bogus call and I couldn't believe it was called...Ngata was being double teamed and the ref behind him called the hold?? I was sitting with a Denver fan watching the game and he agreed that that was not holding and he laughed considerably at that call... I have had some doubts, but now I really do think either the league is pro-Steelers, Patriots, Colts, or anti-Ravens:grbac:

BTW, Mason was practically being raped by Ike Taylor right in front of the ref on a what would have been a touchdown pass, and it wasn't called...We won and they say people don't complain about the refs when their team wins, BS

Re: Holding call on Haloti Ngata

DLine holding was made an emphasis a couple years ago. If you watch Ngata's left hand, he was tugging on the offensive lineman near or on the shoulder pads (don't have it DVR'd to check). It is technically a hold and was probably called because he was easily visible to the umpire. Usually when the line is compressed it's harder to see those types of holds and make that call, but Ngata was comparatively out in space.

I think it's a silly rule in general but it is on the books.

Ngata's job on that play appears to be to move the center and guard to the right so Jarrett can have an up the middle run at the QB. It looking at the play a couple times he did hold the center to create that opportunity for J.J.

I have an uncomfortable feeling that the zebras were responding to the Ravens' demands for some calls on the Stoolers 0-line. you want a holding call? we'll give you a holding call.
    The zebras were awful.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I thought the call was bs too, until the 2nd replay from a different angle. He definately held, you can clearly see him pulling the guys jersey. What about the no call on the pass to Mason ? That was definately PI.

Ngata's hold was obvious. It had to be called because it allowed JJ a free run at the QB

I understand it is a rule and Ngata did hold the guy but it's still BS. I see that happen every week, every game. It's like a rule thats not enforced anymore. But Sunday the refs decided to. I'm not mad at the call, it was right according to the rule book. I'm mad at the lack of consitency.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller