ESPN's Mike and Mike preview NFL

Today on the Mike and Mike show both said Ravens would be 9-7 and NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. I feel this team must make the playoffs this year to get back on track. If not they may fire Billick

Re: ESPN's Mike and Mike preview NFL

Good, last year we got jinxed by the Metrosexual Mike, since he predicted a Ravens SB victory. If Greeny predicts a team you are rooting for to go far...your team is doomed.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

If not they may fire Billick
    If they don't make the playoffs this year then Billick SHOULD be fired.

I don't think Billick gets fired at 9-7. That would be a three game improvement over the 2005 season disaster. We, as fans, always want to be the playoffs. The owner has to have broader vision. Who would he bring to come in here to get this team over the top?

points moot; Bawmer will win 11 and go deep in the playoffs. right?

Yeah, that was a replay from last week's show. But I love it when we don't get picked. Let all of the haters sleep on us and continue to ride Stealers and Bengals nut sacks for the playoffs. We just need to show people what we can do
    Waiting for the next one!!!

It's all based on last years results, I don't pay much attention to any of the talking heads. We could be very good or very bad it depends on staying injury free, the new acquisitions jelling with the team, the malcontents from last year shutting up and just playing to their potential.. way to early to tell.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Putting a win total on whether Billick gets fired is short-sighted. If we have a rash of injuries and go 9-7 that might be a very good season.

Baring another Superbowl victory or a total collapse, Billick is here until Kirk Ferentz is ready to leave Iowa (ie his kids graduate). He is as much of a sure thing as Saban was.

Secondly, if Mike Greenberg likes you it is the kiss of death. Period. Underline. Underline. That is the one "pundit" that I want to think we are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    Secondly, if Mike Greenberg likes you it is the kiss of death. Period. Underline. Underline. That is the one "pundit" that I want to think we are terrible.
    I second that -- he has cursed us two years in a row by picking us to make the Super Bowl, and we ended up not even making the playoffs. Coincidence? I think not. If someone like Jaws picks us, I consider it a compliment, but with Greeny it's doomsday.

At least with McNair starting, I won't have to listen to Mike Golic mispronounce Boller's name. For three years he has been calling him "Baller." Drove me nuts.