Ravens-Indy game goes international

This Sundays game will be broadcast on sky tv in the UK. Allthough I completely believe we will win this, between this and the line, I'm a bit surprised at how good/close of a game non Ravens fans are expecting.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Re: Ravens-Indy game goes international

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    I'm a bit surprised at how good/close of a game non Ravens fans are expecting.
    Non-fans and pundits give our team more credit than our fickle fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Its pretty sad that this is true.

But, after sticking with the Orioles through this past decade and a half, I can get through anything.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Always a good thing when our game is on Sky, means I don't have to watch it on the internet!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Always a good thing when our game is on Sky, means I don't have to watch it on the internet!
    I don't know. Last time the game was on Sky I didn't turn the TV off happy. And it does mean I'll have to mute to avoid whichever talking head they get in.

Still though, at least we won't be three minutes behind as usual!

Here's hoping we don't stink up the joint!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    This goes both ways.

Observers have the benefit of not suffering tunnel vision. We're following every bit of news, we know every player, we know our weaknesses and strengths. I still hear commentators talking about the "great Ravens defense" like this is 2006, they don't see the things we see that draw us to the conclusions we make because they don't watch every snap of every game.

On the other hand we blow up issues because we're much more invested in the team, it's magnified because we care more about the team than casual observers who are able to be more rational about something they aren't emotionally invested in.

We've all seen a team that has come very close to beign fantastic, and weve seen a number of weaknesses in our team thus far, but even FootballOutsiders has us at #5 and Indy at #2, and that's based entirely on statistics from each play of the season (not just yds/game, etc.) and not based on pundits assuming we're still the same defense as last year. Honestly, we almost beat a NE team that had Indy's number for most of the game last week. Key defensive injuries on both sides, we have home field, etc. I'm still expecting to lose, but there's enough good reasons to believe in a win that none of us can really chalk this up as a sure loss. With Webb in there and Ray and co. able to focus much more on pass rush that run stopping this could actually be a very good game. To me, the game will be decided by the amount of pressure we can generate up the middle. A sound game plan can definitely win this one for us.

Two reasons why they are showing this match:

1) All of the other games kicking-off at 1pm EST look even worse matchups than this one.

2) SKY want to show the Colts, as they are likely heading deep into the play-offs. Even better if they show quite a few points scored - they hate showing low score games.

The first ever time the Ravens were live on SKY TV was in 1998 when Billick brought his Vikings offence to town. They showed the game for EXACTLY the same reasons that I have listed above.

Sad but true - they are not 'showing' us! :grbac:
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"