Thread: Gnarls Barkley

Blog Entries

Gnarls Barkley

has anyone else heard these guys? I'd been hearing their names for awhile, finally checked out their music...it's DAMN tight!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    Whatever their current hit is, it is played a lot on Sirius and I actually like it for an old (40ish) geezer.

Yeah the singers name is C-Lo, he's been around for a while in different groups and solo stuff. They are coming to the area sometime real soon.

What took you all so long, so they've been probably the big new act in the UK this summer. :D

Blog Entries
    well, i've heard a lot of dumb rap acts, but I like the two I've heard from them ("Crazy" and "Smiley Faces")

Didn't know it was Cee-Lo though. I just need to make sure I don't confuse him with SKEE-Lo.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

I'm not a huge fan - they put some interesting stuff together but I see them more as a novely act than anything else - and I'm SICK of hearing Crazy.

They played a festival for Radio 1 in the UK in Dundee this year. One of the producers back stage accidentally had his mic connected to the main speakers by the stage, and when Gnarles Barkley's singer arrived on stage, he announced to the crowd 'here comes the fat bloke, we're good to go'. Apparently they nearly walked off, but instead performed two tracks while pissed off, before exiting.

Re: Gnarls Barkley

I'll agree with you that Crazy grates after a while (hearing it all summer has worn it out a wee bit), but the fact that they got a fellow Stockwell (Dean Stockwell) to appear in the video of Smiley Face makes it an immensely cool video in the same way that Quantam Leap is an immensely cool TV program.

Gnarls is good, but a little overplayed. I'm happy for Cee-lo's success, but I preferred him when he was hanging out with Outkast and Goodie Mob in his Dungeon Family days.

Blog Entries

I need a cool name for when I break into the big time music scene.

A-Dude-7
    Twenny fo - seven or just maybe 'Twenny fo'.
    Busta seams (ha..an old one).
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Your rap name would be A.D.min the A.D. stands for All Day (ie 24x7).

Blog Entries

http://rapstarname.com/

When I put your name in, I got 'Mista Mack'