Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cundiff Signed

Cundiff Signed

Just got it on Twitter ...

Here are his stats ....

http://www.nfl.com/players/billycund...e?id=CUN046143

Re: Cundiff Signed

He's got a clean slate now. Let's see how much he wants to stay employed in the best football league in the world.

This is a joke. Cundiff is no better than the guy we just got rid of. Look at the stats. He misses 6 kicks a year on average....and how bad do you have to be in order to be cut by the Browns. Really?

Couldn't ask for a worst first game scenario with Stover coming to town and the fans already upset. I guess we will see if Cundiff has the nutz to stick through the posts when the pressure is on. I can't imagine why anyone would want to be an NFL kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    This is a joke. Cundiff is no better than the guy we just got rid of. Look at the stats. He misses 6 kicks a year on average....and how bad do you have to be in order to be cut by the Browns. Really?
    He was only a short term fix in Cleveland. kind of like what Stover appears to be in Indy. I agree that he will probably be no better but how could the Ravens put Hauschka back out there with zero confidence? I won't be surprised to see Hauschka around with another team next year. His errors were consistent and shouldn't require a major ovehaul to fix. Even the kicks he missed, he hit well. I think the worst kick I saw him hit was the one he made in Cleveland which looked like a line drive knuckle ball.
    Last edited by Galen Sevinne; 11-18-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries

eh, makes sense...Nugent has a stronger leg, but his accuracy this year was terrible with TB. Cundiff is perfect on the year, albeit on short kicks. He's got a good leg too, and he's veteran, so he's got some of the mentality down.

I say he sticks out the year and comes back to compete next year, but I think we'll bring in a younger guy to try to beat him out. No way he's our long term answer.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Cundiff > Hauschka

And I cannot imagine this is a long term answer for the team.

It may just be a short term answer until the Colts release Stover, or even better Nougateri.

Blog Entries

I think Stover goes to the playoffs with the Colts...

First off, we have no idea when Vinatieri would be ready. NO's kicker was suspended first 4 games, and he's yet to be active after that because of how good Carney was doing for them. My guess is even when Vinatieri is healthy, they hold him back until they KNOW he's good to go. And on top of that, they have no need for the roster spot for any other position.

So I see Stover going into the playoffs on the Indy roster. And even if not, what's the point of signing him this year? Unless you think he can kick next year too, there's no point in "renting" him in a year we're not likely to make the playoffs anyway. Better to groom someone who we can honestly expect to be around in a year or two. I don't expect Cundiff to be our long term answer, but I also think he could be around here for 1-2 more years legitimately. I think Stover is gone after this year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I don't expect Cundiff to be our long term answer, but I also think he could be around here for 1-2 more years legitimately. I think Stover is gone after this year.
    I have found our long term answer:

And just in case you want to see it in action (Wait for slow motion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCZKcSYOCZU

Well, at least Randy Orton would have no problem tackling a kick returner.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Cundiff speaks about his opportunity...

Billy Cundiff: "In the NFL, it's a replacement business. You're brought in here to make field goals. If you don't, you're shown the door."
    via Aaron Wilson's twitter.

Good to know he knows the situation...if you can't make the kicks, what are we paying you for?