Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 282930
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Browns Monday Night Game Thread

Our D wasn't too bad. Webb is looking like the real deal more and more. Granted, the Browns WR are about the crappiest you'll find, but our DBs weren't out of position and we kept them well covered. Only big play they had was that Massaquoi 30 yard catch, which was just a gamble tackle which missed.

It's our offense that worries me more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    We have the worst receivers and worst kicker in the NFL.
    I disagree, I think the Browns have the worst receivers, though the problem tonight was the QB.

Kicker is probably true.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

was anyone else really impressed w/ webb this week?

The only receiver to catch anything tonight was Derrick Mason.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    The only receiver to catch anything tonight was Derrick Mason.

Wow.
    I really wish Mason would have retired. I love the guy, but it would have forced Ozzie to do SOMETHING at the position. Of course I think Drew bennett was Ozzie's answer to a Mason retirement.

Blog Entries

Webb has been stepping up every week...I mean, let's not fool ourselves, he's not covering the team's #1 guy. He's relegated either to covering the slot or maybe the #2...And we're seeing him as the blitzing CB a lot of times. But he's been good as a physical presence.

I'm just unsure who we should match him up against next week. I'm sure a lot of people will want to match him up against Wayne, but you have to remember he's still a rookie. Wayne would thrive for that matchup. I would put Foxworth on Wayne, Webb on Garcon, and F.Washington on Collie. We're going to definitley have to keep Reed or Landry on Clark at all times too. This is definitley a tough group of WRs we've got coming up.

That said, I think you've seen some tuning out of Fabian and Foxworth since the bye weeks. The Colts game last year is the one I keep pointing to about the decision to go with fast,, cover corners over the "shutdown" type corner, because CMac got beat bad by Wayne last year. So I really hope our CBs are up for this matchup because THIS IS THE REASON WE SIGNED THEM (IMO).