Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Redskins game on t.v.?

Not that I would choose to watch the Skins over the Cincy/Pitt game but I would switch over during commercial breaks. Just did just that and they have the Vikings/Lions game on instead. Not sure if I remember a Redskins game not televised around here before...especially with a game like vikings/lions on....who the hell in this area wants to see vikings/lions? Anyway...interesting.

Also in the cincy/pitt game looks like Hairomalu tweeked his knee again. That's a damn shame ;)

Re: No Redskins game on t.v.?

Denver @ Skins

The way the networks work is, if it's AFC vs. NFC, the road team gets the broadcast. So with Denver on the road, CBS has the broadcast today.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Watching Cincy/Pitt. Cincy are doing a great job passrushing, they're keeping Ben contained in the pocket and when they get to him they break down and wrap up, and it's making him look rather ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Denver @ Skins

The way the networks work is, if it's AFC vs. NFC, the road team gets the broadcast. So with Denver on the road, CBS has the broadcast today.

- C -
    why would the road team get the broadcast outside of the need for a home blackout? Even with that, I would think CBS would choose the Redskins over the Steelers in this area...I'm glad they didn't but if an NFC team came to play the Ravens, do you think Fox would pick Dallas at Philly over Detroit at Baltimore? Even if the Raven awere 0-8?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    why would the road team get the broadcast outside of the need for a home blackout? Even with that, I would think CBS would choose the Redskins over the Steelers in this area...I'm glad they didn't but if an NFC team came to play the Ravens, do you think Fox would pick Dallas at Philly over Detroit at Baltimore? Even if the Raven awere 0-8?
    the network that covers the road team has always been the one to carry inter-conference games. been like that for a decade or so.

Blog Entries

also the reason that we see the steelers/bengals game over Lions/Skins is bc its an AFC North game

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    also the reason that we see the steelers/bengals game over Lions/Skins is bc its an AFC North game
    I still think this is Redskins market though which would supercede the AFCN market. There are probably more skins fans around here than ravens fans and while they might not care as much this year, I imagine there are a few pretty pissed. I guess I never noticed it because I am either at M&T or watching the Ravens on t..v.

Blog Entries

Bengals win. They're playing solid, disciplined football in all phases. Looking like a very good team. I really didn't think they had it in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Bengals win. They're playing solid, disciplined football in all phases. Looking like a very good team. I really didn't think they had it in them.
    Agree. I definitely underestimated the Bengals. If you had told me at the beginning of the season that the Bengals would sweep both the Ravens and the Steelers I'd have thought you were crazy.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    Agree. I definitely underestimated the Bengals. If you had told me at the beginning of the season that the Bengals would sweep both the Ravens and the Steelers I'd have thought you were crazy.
    Not just the Ravens and Steelers but because off that JV high school the Browns, Cincy will sweep the AFC North! That is huge for them. A small part of me is happy for them. They have suffered for a very long time.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    the only thing that i think they need to fix is all the delay of game penalties. i think they had 2 today and atleast one last week and atleast 3 when they played us here. those type of penalties will come back to get them come playoff time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I still think this is Redskins market though which would supercede the AFCN market. There are probably more skins fans around here than ravens fans and while they might not care as much this year, I imagine there are a few pretty pissed. I guess I never noticed it because I am either at M&T or watching the Ravens on t..v.
    no. this is a Raven market once u get north of Bowie and east of Columbia. which means if the ravens are not playing the next in line to be shown is the AFC North as you saw today