jamal lewis & the indy loss

Exercising some hindsight on my own hindsight:

I was puzzled by BB's decision not to bang it between the tackles more during the Colts game.

In retrospect, now that we know something was wrong structurally with Jamal's ankle, I think I see a connection.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: jamal lewis & the indy loss

The game plan should have been pass, & pass deep to start, to make them realize we would pass. Use the pass to open the run. In the 1st half, when Jamal got the chance to run, he ran decent & I think was averaging almost
    5 YPC. The Colts were playing 8-9 in the box, especially on 1st down & we didn't make them pay. Once they saw we weren't going to throw downfield, they knew what we were doing. It was like a repeat of the Denver & Cincinnati games. We played the kind of offense they wanted us to play & we paid for it with an L.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Nice to know our running game was centered around a guy with a busted ankle, and our 1000 yard/year back-up got 37 carries for the year. Nice job BB.

Angry Re: jamal lewis & the indy loss

Good point. If JL was hurt then why didn't Mike Anderson get more touches and we pass the ball more...DUH? Ooops, I forgot, anyone other than Billick can't understand the dynamics and parameters of NFL football.

FM

I don't think Jamal's ankle influenced BB to not run the ball, if he knew about it at all. I think we should have run the ball more that game, just to grind them down and open up the passing game.