Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So which Raven will break the silence?

This has been a difficult team to put your finger on.

1. Are they a great team that have been just a play away in most games from being 7-1?

2. Are they a just a good team that might be the best 4-4 team in the league?

3. Are they a very undisciplined and poorly coached team that has the talent to occasionally put it together and win a tough game or two but mostly will only beat the worst teams in the league?

I could make a decent argument for all three options but I am leaning towards option 3. This is difficult because after that Denver game, I was really thinking option 1 was true. Its hard to make such a dramatic shift in just a week but the Cincy game was simply horrible. What makes it so bad is that this is a Cincy we have already seen and there should have been no surprises. To come out so ineptly preapared is mind-boggling to me. I saw this pattern after just 10 minutes of the game.

Was there anyone who has watched this team closely for the past 9 years that thought we had a chance or a prayer to win on Sunday? I don't think so. This game was over after the opening drive.

So here is my question. Who speaks out first in the locker room this time? Who goes to Preston first? Who says it on a radio show first?

You know it is coming as it always has with this team. Another high expectancy season coming unraveled at the seams. Who will it be this time that steps in front of a mic somewhere and starts calling out the team and coaches?

Ray, Ogden, Mason, Jamal, Cmac, McGahee have all done it in the past. It feels like it is coming. While I can't imagine it happening, a loss next week in Cleveland would certainly set the stage. Another blow out at home against Indy would stroke it. Losing to Pittsburgh for the 4th time in a row would open that up.

This might be the true test of Harbaugh as a coach. His test wasn't getting into a Super Bowl during a surprising rookie season but instead preventing the mutiny during a highly disappointing season that began with great expectations.
    Last edited by Galen Sevinne; 11-09-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Re: So which Raven will break the silence?

It 'll be Mason.
    If you held a gun to my head and forced me to make a call, Mason would be my choice.
    Hands Down!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    It 'll be Mason.
    If you held a gun to my head and forced me to make a call, Mason would be my choice.
    Hands Down!!
    I agree. But Mason this time has no room to talk. He has disappeared on the field. It's not like he's not being used as the #1.

No one on the defense should open their mouth right now either.

This team needs to look inside instead of call out coaches.

Frank Walker:happyanim
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Mason has disappeared because the lack of talent on the field with him has made it easy for defenses to take him away.

None of them on the team has room to talk.
    All three phases of the team are contributing to what we're seeing.

Mason is just the one I think is ready to blow first, and has the hardest time keeping those feelings to himself.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

1. Are they a great team that have been just a play away in most games from being 7-1?

3. Are they a very undisciplined and poorly coached team that has the talent to occasionally put it together and win a tough game or two but mostly will only beat the worst teams in the league?

I could make a decent argument for all three options but I am leaning towards option 3. This is difficult because after that Denver game, I was really thinking option 1 was true. Its hard to make such a dramatic shift in just a week but the Cincy game was simply horrible. What makes it so bad is that this is a Cincy we have already seen and there should have been no surprises. To come out so ineptly preapared is mind-boggling to me. I saw this pattern after just 10 minutes of the game.

Was there anyone who has watched this team closely for the past 9 years that thought we had a chance or a prayer to win on Sunday? I don't think so. This game was over after the opening drive.

So here is my question. Who speaks out first in the locker room this time? Who goes to Preston first? Who says it on a radio show first?

You know it is coming as it always has with this team. Another high expectancy season coming unraveled at the seams. Who will it be this time that steps in front of a mic somewhere and starts calling out the team and coaches?

Ray, Ogden, Mason, Jamal, Cmac, McGahee have all done it in the past. It feels like it is coming. While I can't imagine it happening, a loss next week in Cleveland would certainly set the stage. Another blow out at home against Indy would stroke it. Losing to Pittsburgh for the 4th time in a row would open that up.

This might be the true test of Harbaugh as a coach. His test wasn't getting into a Super Bowl during a surprising rookie season but instead preventing the mutiny during a highly disappointing season that began with great expectations.
    They are a good team that has been hurt by slow starts on offense(Minn, Cincy), bad defense(Minn), and getting jobbed by the refs (NE). The refs were pretty horrible in the last game too. I think that the defense is undisciplined, but in the areas of tackling and coverage, NOT penalties. Cam is undisciplined in not giving us successful first half offense(remember the McNair year where we always scored on the opening and closing drives?). The penalties are to a large extent not their fault IMO.

T-Sizzle talks first. It is possible that Ray talks, in which case we're REALLY screwed. No one will talk until the playoffs are no longer a reality, though.

Wait a second Galen.

I thought option 3 left when the coaching change happened................

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Wait a second Galen.

I thought option 3 left when the coaching change happened................

PP
    Doesn't appear that way does it? The way the Ravens came out against Minn. and Cincy can only point to preparation issues for me. Preparation issues are coaching issues. If A = B and B = C, then there is a pretty good chance that A must = C.

Harbaugh and coaching has been a disappointment this season. I think it is fair to give a new coach three seasons to complelety implement his systems and his way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    T-Sizzle talks first. It is possible that Ray talks, in which case we're REALLY screwed. No one will talk until the playoffs are no longer a reality, though.
    It won't be T-Fizzle. He isn't a true competitor or warrior. He has always just cared about getting paid, and that happened. Wins and Losses are insignificant to him. Ray is the one that normally speaks out, but he is on the slow ride to retirement, and got a huge wake-up call during FA when he found out that no other team wanted him. I would bet on Mason, only because he is a competitor. He had planned on retiring and I'm sure one of his big motivators not to retire was another shot at a ring. When that goes away I can see him getting upset. I can see guys like Ray and T-Fizzle "pulling hammys" and having other mysterious injurioes.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    It won't be T-Fizzle. He isn't a true competitor or warrior. He has always just cared about getting paid, and that happened. Wins and Losses are insignificant to him. Ray is the one that normally speaks out, but he is on the slow ride to retirement, and got a huge wake-up call during FA when he found out that no other team wanted him. I would bet on Mason, only because he is a competitor. He had planned on retiring and I'm sure one of his big motivators not to retire was another shot at a ring. When that goes away I can see him getting upset. I can see guys like Ray and T-Fizzle "pulling hammys" and having other mysterious injurioes.
    That's a good point. It might actually be a positive thing for Suggs to be the one who goes off first as it would show he actually cares. Preston as been spot on with Suggs since training camp.

Doesn't appear that way does it? The way the Ravens came out against Minn. and Cincy can only point to preparation issues for me. Preparation issues are coaching issues. If A = B and B = C, then there is a pretty good chance that A must = C.

Harbaugh and coaching has been a disappointment this season. I think it is fair to give a new coach three seasons to complelety implement his systems and his way of thinking.
    Nope, it sure doesn't.

And I'm in no way saying Harbaugh should be judged as a whole after 1.5 seasons.

Just pointing out that much of it is the players.

PP

I am still holding steadfast to my prediction that Billick wins another Superbowl before the Ravens, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was with the Redskins.