Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Baltimore Sun takes jab at Ravens fans...again

I understand what a lot of people here mean and I agree the racial slurs could be left out. The point is racial slurs will always be there in every stadium. It's the way of the world still, to this day. Me being a white man, I have heard things like you "White bitch" or "cracker" and things like that. I laugh it off.

I don't use any racial slurs, but i definetly heckle fans as much as anyone. I also make sure I have my facts right too. I don't just mess with someone to say, hey I picked on some Bengals fans or whoever the team. I also never say anything to kids or people who are much older then me (no pun intended). I think it's all in good fun and I have received the treatment from other teams fans as well.

I don't have season tickets, but i go to about 6 to 8 games a year and always have a blast and good time with the heckling. I tailgate every game and always give fans from other teams the buisness. Some laugh, some giv e the finger and there has even been a few to have a beer with us. I went to one other stadium (Titans) and aren't they suppose to be so nice and respectful? Well I was told "go F--k myself" and that was for having an Ed Reed, jersey on. It happens everywhere it's a part of fun, but I do agree some things are overboard.

2. Re: Baltimore Sun takes jab at Ravens fans...again

Quote Originally Posted by 00Ravens View Post
    Yep. It was at the Monday Night game in '07 where we got the hell beat out of us. Pissburgh has those trough style urinals in the upper decks and one fan peed a bit on my foot. Not a whole lot I could do about it. 2 of us verses 65,000 of them. I figured better my foot than try to retaliate and get peed on all over...plus it was pouring rain outside. It washed away pretty quickly. I pretty much knew what I was getting myself into.
    Not to analyze this incident too deeply but it sounds from your description just as likely that some dude drank too much Iron City and was having aim trouble. I imagine if you are in the mood to purposefully pee on someone then you might as well really soak 'em, unless you're trying to do it without their noticing, which in a urinal where everybody's looking down would be tough.

But that said, I may well attend a game at Pitt at some point in my life, and I suppose that if I do I'll be careful in the restrooms. I'm not a showboating fan, nor am I very big or tall so I don't think I'm the sort who'll attract unwanted attention unless it's someone just looking to be disagreeable towards every person dressed in purple.

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    Not to analyze this incident too deeply but it sounds from your description just as likely that some dude drank too much Iron City and was having aim trouble. I imagine if you are in the mood to purposefully pee on someone then you might as well really soak 'em, unless you're trying to do it without their noticing, which in a urinal where everybody's looking down would be tough.

But that said, I may well attend a game at Pitt at some point in my life, and I suppose that if I do I'll be careful in the restrooms. I'm not a showboating fan, nor am I very big or tall so I don't think I'm the sort who'll attract unwanted attention unless it's someone just looking to be disagreeable towards every person dressed in purple.
    Oh he definitely had quite a few IC Lights. As did I. He acted like it was an accident. That's why it was just a little bit of pee, but it was definitely intentional. Then I'm sure he went to all his other toothless inbred and unemployed friends and told them that he just peed on a Ravens fan. I took solace in the fact that I don't live in Pittsburgh and that my girlfriend isn't morbidly obese...or my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven View Post
    Agreed, looking at the SAFE dudes in my section they are built like Oher. Because of the diversity at a Ravens game the racial crap would not be tolerated on every level. I have never heard the n-word at the stadium.
    This whole thing is a ploy by Denver fans because many of them got kicked out. Should I whine to the Sun because my child went to the bathroom and felt uncomfortable because there where 3 males in Denver garb grabbing each others butts at the urinal? He actually felt so uncomfortable he left and went down to the family rest room in sec 127 after texting me to let me know. ( My child is 13 and a JV nose tackle I also understand from the hubby this is a breach of rest room etiquette)

There were 4 incidents that I knew of in 113/114. The first was a couple of Bronco fans that were repeatedly told to sit down and did not comply and the foul language was quite impressive in front of a bunch of kids--they were kicked out in the first the video is all over You Tube. Then there was the female in 114 who dumped a beer on a Ravens fan and was taken out in cuffs crying and cursing. Then there was the Bronco fan that grabbed his junk and told my friends daughter to fellatio him.( I thought SHE was going to get kicked out--she had to be held back kicking his ass) Yup they were all angels trying to politely cheer on their team-- give me an effing break

I sit on the rail and the police and SAFE activity was almost as interesting as the game--I think the Eagles game last year was the worst but this was a close second.
    Can you post a link to the video? I was in 113 and saw it as well. Those guys didn't make it very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    Can you post a link to the video? I was in 113 and saw it as well. Those guys didn't make it very long.
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1...-for?ref=yahoo It with all the whining from Bronco Fans They are so self righteous. The police officer had friends 2 rows in front of me and the story he told was quite interesting. If the police or Ravens see this I can see them going ACORN on them
    Last edited by Drkraven; 11-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Never any call for the race stuff, but you guys are so lucky to have so little trouble at your games.

Any fan who wears an away shirt can only expect something to happen at certain times in any stadium.
    A home game should be for the home fans.
    If you travel away expect to play by their rules.
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Never any call for the race stuff, but you guys are so lucky to have so little trouble at your games.

Any fan who wears an away shirt can only expect something to happen at certain times in any stadium.
    A home game should be for the home fans.
    If you travel away expect to play by their rules.
    I may get pasted for this, but I think people add the race stuff to make the story more credible, I am sure there are mean spirited racial slurs yelled at people but I personally did not hear it at the stadium this past weekend and it was quite busy. Our group was very racially diverse this past weekend and if it was rampent some one should have heard it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 00Ravens View Post
    I agree that the slurs are way too far, but do you really think someone would get away with screaming slurs in public like that. I'm guessing that section was as diverse as any other. You'd have to have a pretty big set of balls to spew those types of obscenities and not get your ass kicked.

She was the one complaining about people booing her. Seriously, you're going to wear enemy colors are cry about booing? And the food throwing was only popcorn and peanuts. Completely harmless and quite possibly all in good fun.

I got my feet peed on in Pissburgh and didn't complain to the Post Gazette about it. I doubt they would have printed it even if I did complain, but I was sensible enough to know that I deserved that sort of treatment.

you got your feet peed on and didnt complain? i dont know about anyone else on this board but if i get pissed on we are fighting i dont care if its our stadium your stadium or the parking lot. you cant be disrespected much more than that

Visiting fans should expect everything except racial slurs (embarrassing and sad), and having food, drinks, and / or bodily fluids thrown on them. Everything else comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Visiting fans should expect everything except racial slurs (embarrassing and sad), and having food, drinks, and / or bodily fluids thrown on them. Everything else comes with the territory.
    I absolutely agree with this.

Add threats and physical bullying to the list of things they shouldn't put, and then just paste that sign on every entrance.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    I absolutely agree with this.

Add threats and physical bullying to the list of things they shouldn't put, and then just paste that sign on every entrance.
    I think 99% of the people at the stadium abide by this, its the idiot 1% that you hear about and that is what is really pissing me off about the "incidents" over the weekend. I was there it has been tons worse. And then the people that feel they need to apologize on behalf of the idiots piss me off too.

There's two sides to every story. Somehow, I doubt that the events described in those stories happened exactly as described. SAFE and the BPD just wouldn't tolerate the kind of actions described, at least not the ones in my section (525).

FWIW, a little verbal sparring is okay IMO, as long as it doesn't cross the line into continuing verbal abuse (which would include racial slurs). And any physical bullying is out of line. That said, some visiting fans bring that kind of stuff on themselves.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...