Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Baltimore Sun takes jab at Ravens fans...again

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...4.storygallery

It is absolutely absurd that the Sun would print these complaints from out of town fans. The local paper of any other city wouldn't give the opposing fans the satisfaction of printing their whining and acting like we're savages. These people need to grow a pair and quit their bitching. This happens in every NFL city and rightfully so. When I wear purple on the road I don't expect to be greated with a handshake and a pat on the back. These a-holes are out of their minds! I'm terribly sorry we hurt your feelings.

Be sure to check out the comments from the people that don't even go to the games.

Blog Entries

Re: Baltimore Sun takes jab at Ravens fans...again

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...,7373816.story

Racial slurs?! I'm fine with the food throwing, I'm fine with heckling... even aggressively so, but racial slurs are unacceptable in any city in any stadium. I'm glad she wrote the opinion piece, and I'm glad the Sun posted it. Don't shoot the messenger, attack the a**hole that thought it was witty to throw racial slurs in with his heckling.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post

Racial slurs?! I'm fine with the food throwing, I'm fine with heckling... even aggressively so, but racial slurs are unacceptable in any city in any stadium. I'm glad she wrote the opinion piece, and I'm glad the Sun posted it. Don't shoot the messenger, attack the a**hole that thought it was witty to throw racial slurs in with his heckling.
    I agree that the slurs are way too far, but do you really think someone would get away with screaming slurs in public like that. I'm guessing that section was as diverse as any other. You'd have to have a pretty big set of balls to spew those types of obscenities and not get your ass kicked.

She was the one complaining about people booing her. Seriously, you're going to wear enemy colors are cry about booing? And the food throwing was only popcorn and peanuts. Completely harmless and quite possibly all in good fun.

I got my feet peed on in Pissburgh and didn't complain to the Post Gazette about it. I doubt they would have printed it even if I did complain, but I was sensible enough to know that I deserved that sort of treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post

:word

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Ravens View Post
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...4.storygallery

It is absolutely absurd that the Sun would print these complaints from out of town fans. The local paper of any other city wouldn't give the opposing fans the satisfaction of printing their whining and acting like we're savages. These people need to grow a pair and quit their bitching. This happens in every NFL city and rightfully so. When I wear purple on the road I don't expect to be greated with a handshake and a pat on the back. These a-holes are out of their minds! I'm terribly sorry we hurt your feelings.

Be sure to check out the comments from the people that don't even go to the games.
    Let them attend a game in Philadelphia or The Rotten Apple and see the treatment they get there.

Good..whatever...I disagree with most on this topic. If I do not want to be heckled/ cussed at/ call racial slurs etc...I will watch the game in neutral colors and not act like a fool when my team scores. As far as I am concerned this is home field advantage and I hope the word spreads that Bmore is an awful place and opponents are not encouraged to attend. I WILL PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Not condoning bad behavior, but that chick is lucky she didn't visit Oakland wearing her colors and cheering for her team. She may have ended up taking a ride on a Shock Trauma helicopter.

I think it's PATHETIC that there's anyone that would defend any sort of action like any of it.

Food throwing?

Really?

So, if you go visit another stadium, you think that:
    a) It's okay for you to not want to wear your team's colors with pride because you don't want someone throwing things at you.
    b) It's not really a big deal if someone tosses a hot dog filled with ketchup all over your nice, $60+ jersey, because that's what fans at opposing stadiums are supposed to do.

That's downright moronic, and there's no nicer way to put it.

Fans of opposing teams should be able to watch their team in an opposing stadium, and should expect to be treated well. They should be able to handle getting some razzing, especially if their team loses.

But the actions some of you are condoning are downright atrocious. They don't belong at ANY stadium. Certainly not at ours, where we have prided ourselves on being some of the best fans in the nation.

I regularly visit opposing stadiums, and I absolutely HATE it when I'm too afraid to wear my team's colors because some idiots decide it's okay to treat me like a piece of dirt. We shouldn't do that, and there's NO excuse for it. None. Any of you that think there is should be embarrassed for trying to defend it or even thinking there is an excuse for it.

And no, there's no better way to sugar-coat that...this thread turns my stomach.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Racial slurs should not be tolerated, but getting booed and everything else she complained about good job Ravens fans, keep it coming I never want Ravens stadium to become Oriole park.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Good..whatever...I disagree with most on this topic. If I do not want to be heckled/ cussed at/ call racial slurs etc...I will watch the game in neutral colors and not act like a fool when my team scores. As far as I am concerned this is home field advantage and I hope the word spreads that Bmore is an awful place and opponents are not encouraged to attend. I WILL PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!

Last year I went up to Pitt with my girlfriend. She convince not to wear Ravens gear so I wouldn't end up in a fight like I did the year before. So for her we remained neutral and didn't get overly excited when the Ravens did something.

Everything up to the racial slurs is okay with me. Let it be known around the NFL that Ravens fans are not to be messed with!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I think it's PATHETIC that there's anyone that would defend any sort of action like any of it.

Food throwing?

Really?

a) It's okay for you to not want to wear your team's colors with pride because you don't want someone throwing things at you.
    b) It's not really a big deal if someone tosses a hot dog filled with ketchup all over your nice, $60+ jersey, because that's what fans at opposing stadiums are supposed to do.

Fans of opposing teams should be able to watch their team in an opposing stadium, and should expect to be treated well. They should be able to handle getting some razzing, especially if their team loses.

But the actions some of you are condoning are downright atrocious. They don't belong at ANY stadium. Certainly not at ours, where we have prided ourselves on being some of the best fans in the nation.

I regularly visit opposing stadiums, and I absolutely HATE it when I'm too afraid to wear my team's colors because some idiots decide it's okay to treat me like a piece of dirt. We shouldn't do that, and there's NO excuse for it. None. Any of you that think there is should be embarrassed for trying to defend it or even thinking there is an excuse for it.

And no, there's no better way to sugar-coat that...this thread turns my stomach.

- C -
    I couldn't agree more.... Sometimes Baltimore fans embarrass the hell out of me. (see also: Cheering for an injury to Kyle Boller) Of course, you and I should realize that they're just passionate, nay, they're the REAL fans and we're just casual gomers who don't CARE about our team.

Also, to the poster who said that he can't believe someone would yell racial slurs... Really? You must have some civilized feckin' seats. I've yet to attend a game up in the cheapies without hearing someone drop a couple of drunken N-bombs by the 3rd quarter.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

Food throwing?

Really?

- C -
    I agree but there is a big difference with throwing some popcorn or peanuts and yelling at opposing fans, and throwing a hot dog and trying to fight people because they wear other teams colors. I will always boo those fans and heckle them, I do not throw food (to expensive :) ) but I disagree I do not want the Steeler fans to feel welcome here. I'm not saying kick the shit out of them but I will bother them all game in hopes they will never want to return.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim