Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baltimore's M&T gets some love

Ranked the best football experience by city:

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/new...!-1&id=2569521

Blog Entries

Re: Baltimore's M&T gets some love

Heinz Field is #2? Guess they didn't sit on the bleacher seats for 3 hours while a 400lb hairy woman cussed at them (my experience).

And the Johnny U statue wasn't built with the stadium. It was erected after his death.

FedEx came 26th - "Far too corporate".

OPACY came 4th in the MLB stadium rankings.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

The downtown atmosphere is what really makes M&T nice,how it is smack in the center of whats happening in the city.I was on the Skins board and that where I saw the story for the first time,they were alkl whining about what the guy said about the tailgating...LOL!!

I need to experience some of that love ):

I've been to many of the stadiums and in general agree with their rankings. (One of these days, I hope to have visited all of them all except Cleveland).

The strongest disagreement I have is, as mentioned by the Admin fella above, is the Heinz Ketchup at #2. Worse than the hairy women is the stadium itself: a giant erector set, with bleacher seats in the upper deck, an inadequte scoreboard, narrow concourses. This is the worst of the modern NFL stadiums.

The Superdome #14 is still the top stadium for fan comfort, IMHO. No tailgating area is offset by the nearby French Quarter and beer sales in the 4th quarter trumps the tiny single video screen.

Also disagree with both Jax (20) and Miami (24), which are dumps that should be tied for #30. And the Georgia Dome at #17? It's just slightly better than the RCA Dome, which I would rate as #31.

Mr. T-Lifestyles of the rich and famous.

Mr. T-Lifestyles of the rich and famous.
    I wish! No - it's the lifestyle of the cheapskate who combines vacations with Ravens away games, roams opponents stadiums looking for half price tickets and pounces on bargain air fares (e.g. going to Tampa for $39 this weekend).

Blog Entries

I think you will find that it is not only the architecture but other factors such as fan friendlyness, beer prices, ushers, etc. that adds up to the final score.

Maybe they both got some hot action from some stooler women <shudder>.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Uh, Trap, New England has a new stadium. And Green Bay has an old stadium that has been very well refurbished,

10. Re: Baltimore's M&T gets some love

Well like someone else said, its not just the stadium itself, its the whole expereince. If they just went into the empty stadiums and ranked them on what they saw, it would be a whole new list. But its whole picture.

Like going to Wrigley field for a baseball game, the stadium is old and run down, but its so cool to watch a game there.

Ive been to 7 of the top 10 stadiums....Reliant stadium in houston has to be the top one for me. retractable roof, never had to wait in line for food, beer, or restrooms. They also have no ushers in the stadium! so no one in your way, if you want something you have to go get it, so maybe thats why less lines, lazy people wait til halftime! hehe

M&T is great but for some reason needs better bathroom and concession stand organization, always a big wait.

Maybe things are different on the upper level but we have never had a problem with lines getting food where I sit. My Dad usually goes to get a drink and something to eat at halftime, and he's usually back before the HS kids are off the field.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Heinz Field is #2? what a dump,also Philly looks like its not finish our should be number 1
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan