Vikings are confident...letdown possible?

Check out this piece from the Minneapolis Star Tribune

Might the Ravens be catching this team at the right time?

They seem supremely confident...

Re: Vikings are confident...letdown possible?

I hope they are over confident, because they have not faced a team as good as the Ravens are....or even close.

They needed a miracle....at home....to beat the 49ers, who have proven to be a very average team with a schlub at QB, no wide receivers and 1 running back to key on.

Blog Entries

Did not know Gaither was that bad, not having him will suck. Hopfully Cam can find away to make do.

4. Re: Vikings are confident...letdown possible?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Did not know Gaither was that bad, not having him will suck. Hopfully Cam can find away to make do.
    Yeah, Oher handled Odom and his athleticism very well against the Bungles. Oher can probably hang with just about any athlete at DE, it's a savvy veteran with a massive repertoire of pass-rushing moves that worries me against Oher. Not that Gaither is MUCH more experienced than Oher, but I think it would definitely help against a vet like Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Yeah, Oher handled Odom and his athleticism very well against the Bungles. Oher can probably hang with just about any athlete at DE, it's a savvy veteran with a massive repertoire of pass-rushing moves that worries me against Oher. Not that Gaither is MUCH more experienced than Oher, but I think it would definitely help against a vet like Allen.

It's just my opinion and wanting to be the lucky one to get your 1,000 post out of you But I think Oher is a much better match-up against Allen hen Gaither. I think Gaither is often beat by speed and a guy with a high non-stop motor. I think Oher, is more fit for Allen but again I am just a coach from a couch

6. Re: Vikings are confident...letdown possible?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    It's just my opinion and wanting to be the lucky one to get your 1,000 post out of you But I think Oher is a much better match-up against Allen hen Gaither. I think Gaither is often beat by speed and a guy with a high non-stop motor. I think Oher, is more fit for Allen but again I am just a coach from a couch
    Haha, I'll try to ask you something when you get up to 999 soon to return the favor.

Allen is definitely a scrappy guy with an incredible motor, but there are much more athletic ends that we will face. Oher is better suited for the speed rushers that are very athletic that Gaither tends to struggle with, but I do not know if I would qualify JA among that athletic group. I see him as more of a bull-rusher with pretty good size, he's definitely not the smallish speed rushers that go right past gaither.

For this matchup, I think I would rather have the size, strength, and experience of Gaither against Allen, but Oher will be fine. The kid is a S-T-U-D.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It is only Weds, I would not put much stock in him not practicing today.

Now if Friday rolls around and he does not practice, then he more than likely won't be playing.

Vegas sets the line at -3 Vikes which means they think we're as good as them on a neutral field. Shockingly, the line is moving in our favor...I expected it to hit -4 or even -5 with sharp money rolling in on the Vikes. So much for that.

Still, we can certainly play with this team. We've gotta be on our game, though.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Vegas sets the line at -3 Vikes which means they think we're as good as them on a neutral field. Shockingly, the line is moving in our favor...I expected it to hit -4 or even -5 with sharp money rolling in on the Vikes. So much for that.

Still, we can certainly play with this team. We've gotta be on our game, though.

- C -
    Yeah it will probably be around 3 right up until game time.

If it gets to 2.5 in a lot of places (only a few right now) a bunch of people will jump on the Vikes and get it back to 3 probably. Repeat.

This is pretty much a toss up, can't see any value in playing it if the line stays where it is at. Same thing with a lot of games this week.

Hopefully it goes to 2.5 and becomes wongable. There aren't many if any this week, and wongs have for the most part been easy money this season.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

11. Re: Vikings are confident...letdown possible?

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Haha, I'll try to ask you something when you get up to 999 soon to return the favor.

Allen is definitely a scrappy guy with an incredible motor, but there are much more athletic ends that we will face. Oher is better suited for the speed rushers that are very athletic that Gaither tends to struggle with, but I do not know if I would qualify JA among that athletic group. I see him as more of a bull-rusher with pretty good size, he's definitely not the smallish speed rushers that go right past gaither.

For this matchup, I think I would rather have the size, strength, and experience of Gaither against Allen, but Oher will be fine. The kid is a S-T-U-D.

Um not to come of cocky for a early post but do you even watch footbal. JA is one of, if not the best DE in the game. Bull rush, quickness, you name it. Put it this way I wouldnt want a rookie on him. He is playing at defensive player of the year level.