Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Vote for your favorite Ravens Fan Site

I have Firefox and had to turn off my pop up blocker to get to the poll.
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

For me, this site is the best and that's all that matters to me. Imagine once some years get underneath this place.

Besides, YBR has become a place for the young and the stupid.

I have never been to Extreme Ravens board. My time is limited only to this board.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I voted for this site out of general principle: ER steals content from other sites and discourages members from crediting the source. I also have contempt for the tactics Losac described that they are using to win this poll.

I’ll also say this: despite its problems, if SI listed Scout along with the others, it would win hands down. ER wouldn’t stand a chance. 24x7 is facing an uphill battle only because of its comparatively low membership count.

In addition, I didn’t notice an increase in the number of problems on Scout that coincided with the Fox takeover. In fact, it’s no better or worse, really. I can’t speak for the early, early days…only since I started reading it myself. The posters change, but the general tone remains the same.

As a mod over there, you’re caught between a rock and a hard place (and I realize that more and more now that I’m a mod myself): clamp down and come off as a Nazi…or ease up and allow the problems that drove people away to continue unimpeded. I’m trying to strike a middle ground of letting people speak their minds without allowing things get out of hand, but it’s a judgment call...and God knows I’m not perfect.

24x7 will grow, and the post count will go up…count on it. An ER win on this poll won’t mean much in the grand scheme of things.
    THE 2nd WAVE LOYAL™
    © 2007 DRayRaven Enterprises™. All rights reserved, patent pending.
    The contents of this post may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written consent
    of DRayRaven, ProFootball 24x7, the Baltimore Ravens, the National Football League, or related entities.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I'll take quality over quantity anyday.Unless its money.

YBR had become a raging river,overflowing out of control.
    You either went under,or push someone else down to stay afloat.
    I still feel I left a part of me there.6000 posts worth.But it is what it is.
    And I'm very comfortable here.

Goodluck DRay.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Wow, what happened to YBR? I used to go there literally everyday and loved it. I may not have posted much, but I was constantly reading, staying informed, and enjoying it.

But now? That place is a mess. I can't stand it, and it seems as though most of the good posters are gone and have been replaced with god knows what.

I'm so thrilled to have found this place. I notice all these familiar names, and it feels like home...haha. Not to mention that the interface is at least 10 times better than YBR.

Kudos to whoever's in charge. This is wonderful. Thank you.

I've been posting here for two weeks and haven't been called an asshole, idiot or moron yet....
    Az, you are an asshole, an idiot, and a moron....feel better? :D :insane:
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdog89
    Az, you are an asshole, an idiot, and a moron....feel better? :D :insane:
    Can you feel the love?
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

I like the civilized tone here much better, but still visit YBR . There is a bitter faction that posters left . I think the change came when YBR was mentioned by HYH and other media peeps, the posters came out of the woodwork.(BTW I'm blaming no one)! This place too will grow and being under the radar is not necessarily a bad thing.:bag:

Blog Entries

Useless info. YBR received 568 posts yesterday. We received 218. I don't know about Sunspot but it eclipses all the other snoozefests and we only have 270 members. Considering the membership at Insiders is supposed to about 25times this place that ain't too shabby.

Again, welcome to all who managed to get past the concierge :) For those who keep getting turned away...Waaaaagh!
    Last edited by Admin Steve; 09-08-2006 at 09:58 AM.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.